Job Posting Title
Crew Scheduler, 3rd shiftPosition Summary
Ferrara, a related company of Ferrero Group, is an emerging powerhouse in the North American confections and snacking categories. A $2B organization, Ferrara is No. 1 in seasonal confections and No. 2 in sugar confections, and has entered the world's largest cookies market through the acquisition of a beloved portfolio of cookie brands, a category growing at more than 4%.
The Crew Scheduler leverage's attention to detail and multitasking skills to help the facility operate at peak efficiency. The Crew Scheduler is committed to scheduling accuracy and flexibility to adapt as changes arise and ensures efficient operations and labor relations at the facility.
Ways You Will Make a Difference:
Experiences That Will Support Your Success
- Prepare daily crew sheets and schedules for each department and/or work area
- Track and enter attendance into appropriate database(s) to issue discipline
- Maintain training and other documentation (manually and/or electronically) in accordance to company document retention policies
- Schedule employees for a wide variety of off work events (vacations, leaves of absence, bereavement leaves, etc.) and training/company functions in accordance with existing policies.
- Partnering with Shift Operations and Assist with other HR activities including employee engagement activities
- Maintain documentation on job specific training and qualifications for new hires and current employees.
- Provide coverage for other schedulers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills That Will Make You Successful?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Ability to work off shift and weekends remotely, if needed.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Independent critical thinking and decision making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Organizational and mathematical skills
- Effective at time management
Ferrara Candy Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by incumbents in this position. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit management discretion to assign other duties or responsibilities as necessary.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.