Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
NJ Spotlight News is the newsroom of NJ PBS, New Jersey's public television network, dedicated to providing multiplatform reporting from across the Garden State. It produces the flagship weeknight newscast, NJ Spotlight News with Briana Vannozzi, live news specials, daily newsletters and roundtable discussions.
An immediate opportunity is available for a Correspondent supporting NJ SPOTLIGHT NEWS.
The Correspondent will report, produce, write, shoot and edit all assigned stories for the NJ SPOTLIGHT NEWS broadcast and digital site. The Correspondent works closely with the editorial team at all stages of the production process from story development through post-production. Stories are between 2 and 5 minutes in length and focus on New Jersey's issues and politics. Specific responsibilities include:
* Pitch original reporting and story ideas daily;
* Research, develop, produce, write and report on a wide range of topics;
* Develop, produce, report and write regular, franchise segments for the news broadcast;
* Develop strong relationships with news makers and sources across the state;
* Conduct in studio, live and taped interview segments;
* Additional duties, as assigned.
* At least seven (7) years' experience in TV news reporting, production, preferably in public broadcasting;
* Strong news writing and copyediting skills;
* Up to date knowledge of shooting, video editing, graphics creation and live video production processes;
* Excellent editorial judgment;
* Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills;
* Strong knowledge of New Jersey's issues and politics;
* The ability to meet deadlines and possess strong time-management skills.
Candidates with prior Anchor experience are preferred.
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.