At Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at AMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
AMR operates recycling facilities in Kansas and Missouri. Our processing capabilities include an automobile shredder, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, and extensive transportation services. AMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph family of companies and has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, AMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.Responsibilities
- Participates with operating management in the development of Company objectives and strategy
- Responsible for all accounting and month end closing activities
- Prepares financial statements on a timely and accurate basis. Reviews monthly financial results with operating management
- Hires, manages, and develops professional and clerical accounting staff
- Maintains effective internal control environment. Monitors adherence to established operating procedures and internal controls
- Prepares formal financial performance reviews of each store
- Coordinates preparation of the annual budget as well as monthly forecasts
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 6 years public accounting or mid to large-sized company accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of company personnel
- Ability to effectively manage financial systems projects
- Must be open to travel
- Prepares or reviews analyses of general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all balance sheet accounts
- Prepares work papers for internal and external auditors
- Experience in hiring, managing and developing professional and clerical accounting staff
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO Statement
Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.AMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. AMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
AMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.AMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information | E-Verify NoticeEJN
This job has expired.