Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
As a Scheduler, you'll play a key role in planning and scheduling activities on a variety of Infrastructure projects. You will be expected to work under the supervision of the Scheduling Manager, and in collaboration with project teams to pro-actively build and maintain schedules that are designed to mitigate project risk. In order to accomplish this, the schedules you assist in creating must be able to go from estimate through construction with minimum re-work. This hands-on role will give you the opportunity to directly impact the scheduling outcome over a broad range of projects in various stages of development and progress. By analyzing, monitoring and maintaining the project's progress, you'll prepare and analyze reports, develop alternative solutions, and drive successful project completion.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Follow all safety requirements and behaviors
- Follow industry best practice scheduling standards
- Organize and facilitate effective planning and scheduling meetings
- Coordinate and engage with the discipline leads in order to build and maintain schedules
- Read and analyze contract specifications and plans to develop project schedules
- identify key specification components that impact the scheduling process
- Travel and attend on-site estimate and project planning meetings as needed
- Participate in field walks with project discipline leads, superintendents, and engineers
- Interact with project staff to verify that working schedules correlate with the Project Schedule
- Perform TIA's for basic delays on small or medium sized projects
- Produce scheduling reports to include manpower and cost curves
- Prepare and edit narratives in compliance with contract specifications
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Utilize Excel to manipulate and analyze schedule data including cost and resources
- Train others in the use of software and scheduling methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 4+ years of construction scheduling support, estimating, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off and Primavera Scheduling software.
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc. plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Familiarity with CPM methodology including network diagraming; WBS and task creation; activity code assignment; applying logic; resource, cost loading and report preparation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Additional Requirements/Skills
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.