American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Construction Project Manager I carries out day-to-day routine duties to support the entire lifecycle of assigned construction projects to include: scheduling of work; coordination of associated departments during construction oversight and evaluation of on-site personnel; coordination of subcontractors, materials and equipment; ensures work proceeds as specified and on schedule; all project documentation is properly completed; and the project is successfully closed out and delivered timely. Work is closely supervised. Problems faced are not typically difficult or complex. Resolves routine issues or problems with limited scope. Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area.
- Performs on-site activities to monitor the progress of construction by walking through each home daily, reviews status of work completed during the period covered, reviews overall work progress to ensure accurately proceeding in accordance with plan and specifications. Maintains and documents project completion by evaluating all inspections of work performed to ensure every home is inspected every day for quality of work and daily scheduled requirements. Coordinates the appropriate action to correct defective work. Establishes quality control reviews during lifecycle of construction projects / jobsites to ensure clean, SWPPP and OSHA compliant per governing rules and regulations.
- Develops and monitors construction master schedule for work being performed by vendors on assigned communities. Evaluates, recommends, and executes purchase orders of supplies as needed and/or assigned by management. Reviews plans and specifications for all product under management. Participates in pre-construction meetings, lot sequencing and site preparations as assigned.
- Updates and maintains required databases accurately for work performed on assigned communities.
- Coordinates and assists project scope of work, deliverables, and master project schedules on properties within market areas assigned. Collaborates with key stakeholders, subcontractors, vendors, and trade partners at various stages of construction. Verifies and ensures highest levels of quality standards. Arranges and coordinates established schedules and prepares reports to ensure on-time delivery. Evaluates and documents significant delays in schedule, vendor issues, and/or material shortages.
Work where you feel right at home -
- High School Diploma / GED preferred or the equivalent job-related experience of at least 10 years direct management of multi and/or single-family construction in a high production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, Construction Science, Architecture, Engineering and/or related preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in new home construction project management, Site/Construction Superintendent and/or related.
- Valid driver's license, required.
- Construction Safety State Regulated Certification (OSHA 10-Hour Course), required. To be completed within 60 days from date of hire.
- Intermediate knowledge of construction building and materials.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office.
- Intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon! Related Keywords:
Construction project manager, construction, project manager, construction project, construction management, construction science, architecture, engineering, site superintendent, construction superintendent CA Privacy Notice:
To learn more about what information we collect when you apply for a job, and how we use that information, please see our CA Job Applicant Privacy Notice found at http://employeeprivacy.ah4r.com/
This job has expired.