At Turner & Townsend, we are passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. With more than 6,000 professionals in 112 offices across 45 offices, we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, providing the skills and insight to improve the way they develop, deliver and operate their physical real estate assets.
Across private and public sectors, our talented professionals provide the most innovative solutions for our clients' greatest challenges. Our clients value our proactive and client-centric approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality of the work we deliver. As a result, our employees get to work for the top global brands on some of the most exciting projects around the world.
Turner & Townsend are seeking an experienced Project Controls Manager to work with our Phoenix team and key clients on fast paced, large scale construction projects. The Project Controls Manager should have well-rounded construction experience; ideally cost and schedule, and have a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience working on large-scale ground-up high-tech, manufacturing, data center, real estate or relatable construction projects.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to take the initiative and drive activities with limited supervision. With a keen eye for detail and experience of identifying continuous improvement opportunities, the candidate should have experience working in the construction industry.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, and recommendations, delay analysis.
- Track and review change orders with Project Manager.
- Manage contingency draw.
- Budget Management and Tracking.
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting.
- Updating owner cost tracking software.
- Manage weekly progress reports with the General Contractor.
- Produce monthly reports for management.
- Providing review reports.
- Produce earned value reports.
- Review GC's cost tracking reports.
- Reconcile GC actual costs with GMP/ Schedule of Values.
- Contract Administration (retention, T&Cs, insurance, allowances, contingency, incentives).
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
- Maintain cost benchmarking database.
- On Site Records and Document Control.
- Tracking of all key project documents, including change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Collect and track receipt of all close out documents until completion, including warranties, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc.
- Setting and attending change control and cost meetings as required.
- Attend risk meetings and maintain risk log.
- Monitor, track and analyze schedule progress in the field (actual vs. forecast).
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed.
- Work with project managers to develop and maintain the RFP/SOW/change order templates for various projects, and support the development of service agreements and SOWs as needed.
- Follow up on proposals, reviews, and negotiations for the timely execution of contracts and purchase orders.
- Develop owner furnished equipment delivery plans by working with PMs, suppliers and the commodity management team.
- Track proposal reviews, negotiations and contract execution. Manage/ coordinate and track the supplier delivery plan to ensure suppliers meet the demand per the plan.
- Provide reports for the progress and status of SOWs open for long periods of time. Coordinate closure of POs at project-end and keep track of work orders status. Periodically review financial reports to ensure compliance with budget targets, reconciliation of project charges against approved contracts and support gathering data related to unit costs within sites.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of applications.
- Experience with cloud based software.
- P6 scheduling knowledge preferred.
- Skilled in the use of industry accepted applications for cost, planning and progress measurement.
- Self-Motivated and proactive.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-organization, coordination and planning.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, be a team player and integrate easily with others.
- Must have strong and professional English oral and written communication skills.
- Full passport with no geographical limitation.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant construction experience working in a Cost focused Project Controls role.
- High-tech, Manufacturing, Data Center, Real estate or related construction experience preferred.
- College degree; ideally in construction, cost management, quantity surveying, engineering or related.
- Extensive experience in one of the Project Controls disciplines.
- Experience with cost loaded schedules.
- Requires a detailed knowledge of industry standards and methods.
- Project Controls experience on large sized, complex construction projects.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please email[email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or[email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.