Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with ~165,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.
The Compensation Programs Manager actively drives the design, development and administration of all Veolia North America compensation programs and systems. Provides expert support to corporate and field HR on issues related to broad-based pay, incentives and other pay components as needed. Ensure compensation strategies and programs are consistently applied in all supported locations with consideration of local requirements and practices when necessary.
- Lead compensation project initiatives and drives the project deliverables.
- Manage the annual compensation campaign - systems perspective: problem research and resolution and enhancements; communication perspective: Create and deliver effective communications to educate HR and employees on the programs; training perspective: develop and present content on annual compensation process(es) to local office Finance and HR.
- Evaluate market environment to ensure competitive pay practices are in place that also support the compensation philosophy; recommend changes.
- Develops and documents compensation procedures to streamline processes.
- Manages survey process by recommending new sources, tracking the survey budget, delegating surveys and resolving all follow-up issues.
- Works with HRIS and IT staff to ensure that the HRIS and payroll systems meet compensation needs; assists with planning, testing and implementation of system upgrades and changes.
- Partner with HR on all organization changes and special requests to review compensation and grading for their customers
- Provide advice and counsel to local offices on program parameters.
- Prepares compensation data models and analytics for mergers and acquisitions.
- Ensure cash compensation programs comply with all governing compensation regulations and legal compliance (FLSA, Equal Pay, etc.)
- Evaluate current and develop new local programs in partnership with HR to drive desired behavior (sales incentives, retention programs, etc.)
- Develop new and improved tools to support compensation program
Certification: Job Specific Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business administration or a related field.
- At least seven to ten (7-10) years of progressive experience in the analysis, design, implementation and administration of compensation programs.
- Experience with Success Factors preferred
- Experience with WTW GGS and Compensation Module preferred
- Ability to take initiative and drive projects to completion with minimal supervision and direction
- Effective time management skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and delegate as appropriate.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and provide recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making skills
- Customer oriented, approachable and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively create and present to large groups
- Strong computer skills required; proficiency in Google Suite with intermediate to advanced Sheets/Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong math skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong knowledge of FLSA and EEO regulations required; general knowledge of State and Federal wage laws.
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.