Communications & Marketing Manager
We are seeking a Communications & Marketing Manager who will report directly to the Chief of Staff to the Vice President for State and Local Affairs for Johns Hopkins University and Medicine. This role collaborates with leadership to advance Government and Community Affairs (GCA) strategic priorities through the development and creation of a proactive internal and external communication strategy for both internal and external key stakeholders in Maryland, DC, VA and Florida.
This role will have direct and intentional collaboration with members of the University's Office of Communications and Johns Hopkins Medicine's Office of Marketing and Communications to ensure widespread, consistent and effective communication across various internal and external audiences throughout the Hopkins enterprise.
The Communications & Marketing Manager will develop communications materials, including the production of presentation materials, newsletters, social media posts and other assets that represent Johns Hopkins to high-level, influential officials, key stakeholders and external community members. The position will offer creative and strategic communication counsel and oversight to develop and enhance the GCA web presence to ensure it effectively communicates the department's mission, vision and goals within the internal Johns Hopkins Community and to key external community, policy and government stakeholders. The position will create an aggressive social media communication strategy utilizing outlets such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Write, research, develop, and produce strategies, programs, content, and delivery mechanisms for communication to a variety of audiences internally from senior executives to managers and individual employees and externally to elected officials, key community leaders and the general public. Materials must be succinct, engaging and visually appealing (some visual design skills preferred).
- Newsletters for internal and external audiences.
- Content for placement in partnering organization materials.
- Flyers for public service communications and general information distribution.
- Various publications including media pieces (Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Banner opinion pieces, letter to the editor) promoting Johns Hopkins contributions to the public from a local, regional and national perspective.
- Website and social media platform content development and strategy.
- Speeches and presentations delivered by VP and senior staff (advanced PowerPoint skills required)
- Integrate GCA communications into multiple internal institutional communications materials (JHU/JHM/JHHS newsletters etc.).
- Promote and build awareness around external community events and engagement.
- Assist in management and evaluation of sponsorship opportunities in partnership with JHU and JHHS communications teams and GCA sponsorship manager.
- Build and execute thought-leadership strategy aligned with and in support of our legislative priorities.
- Promote and amplify the work of the division and its representatives through social media - Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn etc.
- Produce and manage content on department website with responsibility for regular updates and evaluation of topic priorities and relevance.
- Proofread documents for errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling and check for readability, style, and agreement with editorial policy.
- Monitor, measure, and gauge the most effective communication channels for messages.
- Support the Vice President and other departmental strategy leaders and spokespeople for various matters related to communications including content writing and editing.
- Collaborate with other dedicated professionals in University Communications, as well as across Divisions and departments to ensure consistency of standards and messaging as well as to learn/share best practices.
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned
- This position is located in a fragrance-free office environment. This policy is a reasonable accommodation to employees with severe allergies. There are limited physical discomforts due to temperature, noise dust etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Five years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Writing, Communications, or related field required.
- Minimum four years related experience in communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, communicating effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management and change communication.
- Knowledge of information dissemination and advocacy techniques, including alternative ways to inform and motivate via written, verbal, and visual media.
- Proficiency in software programs for web, print and electronic communications including MS Office Suite and WordPress with advanced skills in developing and creating PowerPoint presentations.
Special Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- An advanced degree in communications, or a related field.
- Five years of communications/ marketing experience in academia, healthcare or other large, complex, and matrixed environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of people in a variety of organizational situations.
- Able to effectively articulate goals and objectives and help others to clearly understand their value in supporting the accomplishment of those goals.
- Must think and act as a true team player, but also work independently and with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in interacting with and influencing senior organizational leaders in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrates flexibility and manages change in ways that result in productive performance.
- Must be able to work effectively and independently in an environment with multiple priorities.
Classified Title: Communications & Marketing Manager
Starting Salary Range: $71,230-$97,880 (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:30a-5:00p
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Eastern High Campus
Department name: Govt Community Public Affs
Personnel area: University Administration Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
*JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion
.Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfAccommodation Information
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Communications-&-Marketing-Manager-MD-21218/969540600/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.