At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, anddoing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend's vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Turner & Townsendare engaged to support our clients with many complex projects, responsible for all aspects of program, project, and cost management throughout the NYC tri-state area as well around the world. As such, we are seeking an experiencedCommission Manager/Lead Schedulerto join our team NYC/NJ team. In this role, you will act as the day-to-day interface with our infrastructure/transportation client and be responsible for projects of multiple sizes and scales, driving them from inception through turnover.
The ideal candidate is a Commission Manager with 10-15 years' lead scheduling experience working in the infrastructure industry. A motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, high level of personal integrity, and who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Advanced knowledge in project management and project controls best practices and applications.
- Conduct readiness and quality assurance assessments for project specific stage gate implementations.
- Provide capital projects advisement and leading practice guidance to assist with specific stage gate improvements.
- Oversee quality control of set processes and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure proper implementation.
- Develop and oversee program reporting to key stakeholders and program governance, including planning metrics and KPIs.
- Develop program improvement initiatives and asks.
- Assist in the development and management of the projects strategic plans and program initiatives to meet the goals and needs of the Owner.
- Manage the design, engineering and construction team through planning, design, preconstruction and construction activities.
- Serve as liaison between client and design/construction professionals.
- Oversee and review the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents.
- Participate in value engineering sessions as necessary to reduce cost.
- Develop, monitor and update the master project budget and schedule.
- Provide analysis of budgets and schedules and their effect on the financial objectives and schedule of the project.
- Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors and consultants.
- Meet with clients, city officials, architects, engineers, contractors and consultants to present the project status and anticipate issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of project controls, project management, construction documentation and sequencing.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the project, including the budget, schedule, operational needs, procedures, client standards, QA/QC program requirements, as well as individual roles and responsibilities.
- Attend owner, architect and contractor meetings, taking the meeting notes and managing the follow-up action items.
- Establish and oversee project close out documentation and processes through to completion.
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes.
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc.
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in design and construction of large-scale civil infrastructure capital improvement projects, preferably in aviation and rail sectors.
- Experience working in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Local NYC metro area working experience.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs/projects.
- Able to display exceptionally strong personable, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to develop and maintain long-term relationships with all members of the team.
- Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other relevant software platforms.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please email[email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or[email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV's will be treated as a direct application.