Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear a mask.
Priority consideration will be provided to internal applicants first. Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Starting wage - $17.00/hour
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance at Day 1 of hire
*Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Tuition-free programs at high-quality schools, including college degrees, certificates,
high school completion, English language learning courses, and more.
*New hire Referral Incentives and Sign-On Bons
* Over time eligibility
* Earned time off
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, including holidays
Hours: Beginning at 4:00 a.m. until job is complete. Typically, these positions average 40 hours a week.
The work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for vaccination, blood pull, movement and movement of all Cobb products serviced by the Cobb Grandparent operation.
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- Vaccinate GP Chickens (50%)
- Move pullets (40%)
- Operate a high pressure and regular water hose, maintain foot pans and hand sanitizers, Clean and Disinfect Cobb vehicles, maintain a clean and organized work area. (6%)
- Move spike males (4%)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. The Company provides appropriate clothing and footwear. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty pounds and may be required to lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear; and drive a vehicle to and from the job sites. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members may be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations. It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Tools and Equipment: Vaccination Needles
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and in hot, dry, dusty, wet, and cold environments.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required when handling chemicals. Ear plugs and earmuffs will be used as needed.
- Chemical Commonly Used: Phenolic based disinfectants.
- Safety: Team Member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Lock out Tag out, and Personal Protective equipment. Team Member is expected to identify, address, and mitigate safety related risks.
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.