In today's rapidly evolving technology landscape, an organization's data has never been a more important aspect in achieving mission and business goals. Our data exploitation experts work with our clients to support their mission and business goals by creating and executing a comprehensive data strategy using the best technology and techniques, given the challenge.
At Steampunk, our goal is to build and execute a data strategy for our clients to coordinate data collection and generation, to align the organization and its data assets in support of the mission, and ultimately to realize mission goals with the strongest effectiveness possible.
For our clients, data is a strategic asset. They are looking to become a facts-based, data-driven, customer-focused organization. To help realize this goal, they are leveraging visual analytics platforms to analyze, visualize, and share information. At Steampunk you will design and develop solutions to high-impact, complex data problems, working with the best and data practitioners around. Our data exploitation approach is tightly integrated with Human-Centered Design and DevSecOps.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work within our growing DevSecOps practice delivering features to support cloud migration, cloud optimization and cloud deployment. We are looking for candidates with 3-5 years experience with cloud platform services and DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code and confirmation management automation. Responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the customer
- Design, develop, and deploy modular cloud-based systems
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Automate and improve configuration, provisioning, deployment,and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems, performing root cause analysis, and developing software updates and 'fixes'
- Working with software developers and DevSecOps engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Supportenterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure throughinfrastructure as code including any activities around automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, and monitoring and testing
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and process functions in accordance with organizational security policies and best practices
- Document as-is state of the environment, perform a gap analysis, and produce artifacts that articulate options and recommendations
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Act as an individual contributor and mentor more junior team members
- Engineer and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided
- Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other team members.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government Security Clearance
- BS Degree in an IT field OR BS in a non-IT field and 2 years related IT experience
- 3 Years of Experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions
- 3 Years of Experience with one or more clouds (i.e. AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- 3 Years of Experience with Git SCM providers such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
- 3 Years of Experience with systems development in an Agile environment
- 3 Years of Experience implementing infrastructure as code and orchestration
- 3 Years of Experience integrating deployments with industry standard DevSecOps tooling and orchestration
- AWS Certified DevOos Engineer
- AWS Certified Solution SysOps Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- SAFe DevOps Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Experience with documenting an as-is state of the environment, perform a gap analysis, and produce artifacts that articulate options and recommendations preferred
- Experience with scripting in Concourse, Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, or Ruby
- Experience implementing docker containers and utilizing platforms such as Kubernetes
- Experience with automation tools, including Pivotal, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.
This job has expired.