Location:Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
The Clinical Research Pharmacy Assistant assists the clinical research pharmacists by providing investigational drug services that impact care of research subjects enrolled in research protocol. Activities include being knowledgeable with all IDS supported protocols, study correspondences, and maintains study supplies in all pharmacy areas. Completes all required study specific training and registration for Interactive Voice/Web Response System (IXRS) access for all relative studies to be used. Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, is responsible for preparing common and specialized dosage formulations and completes required paper and electronic documentation in Vestigo. Assumes responsibility for assisting management with quality assurance and performance improvement in the assigned area(s) of practice. Works independently within the scope of practice with limited supervision.
PRN / Casual
Weekends Not Required
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities
- The work requires knowledge of research practices as normally required through the completion of a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent to four years of experience in pharmacy. A minimum of 2 years of pharmacy related research experience and inventory control is preferred. Must have interprofessional skill necessary to understand complex protocols.
- Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the MD Board of Pharmacy and have a current PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) certification.
- Analytical ability to solve problems in assigned area(s) and to recognize and correct potential errors. Excellent prioritization and customer service skills are required. Interpersonal skills necessary for obtaining, verifying, and exchanging information with pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other allied health staff. Ability to exercise initiative and judgment.
- Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters and the ability to understand and respond to written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves courtesy.
- Knowledge of computers, software, and pharmacy applications. Knowledge of machines, tools, and equipment used in a pharmacy environment. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot a variety of equipment and devices.
- Work requires the analytical skills and experience to serve as a resource in one or more of the areas of technician practice. The position will require the ability to apply professional judgement, knowledge and experience.
1. Work requires occasionally reaching, bending, lifting, and grasping objects.
2. Work requires using a keyboard to interact with computers.
3. Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.Working Conditions:
Involves possible exposure to hazardous materials and pharmacologic agents with little likelihood of harm if established health precautions are followed. Work frequently produces a high level of mental/visual fatigue due to the importance of maintaining close attention to details. Requires ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time. May have to lift heavy boxes. Work is generally performed in a production or clinical area in which there is some exposure to hazardous substances and periodic background noise.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/clinical-research-pharmacy-assistant-prn-pharmacy-johns-hopkins-bayview-med-518166-41f77/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency