Clinical Research Coordinator (Cancer Center)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Clinical Research Coordinator (Cancer Center)
Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Coordinator B
Job Description Summary
The Penn Medicine Breast Health Initiative Navigators will establish relationships with communities and community organizations that serve un- and underinsured women to identify women who are eligible and due for breast cancer screening, help them overcome barriers to screening and navigate them to screening.
The Penn Medicine Breast Health Initiative Navigator is to:
1. Patient navigation and other activities that directly increase access to breast, cervical and other cancer screening, cancer prevention and early detection for underserved patients.
2. Provide administration, coordination and financial reconciliation for the Penn Medicine Breast Health Initiative (PBHI) program.
3. Create new and foster existing partnerships between ACC and community organizations including faith-based and non-faith based organization, community clinics, Federally Qualified Health Systems, state and local departments of health, American Cancer Society, the Komen Foundation, and other cancer centers to identify and navigate patients in need of cancer screening, diagnostic work ups and treatment to ACC. Work with community members and partner organizations to refer patients and potential research participants to ACC research disease teams and clinical trial research coordinators for consideration to cancer clinical trials.
4. Identify, apply for and execute grant applications and contracts that increase access to cancer screening and diagnostic services by racial/ethnic minorities and other underserved communities. Create and submit grant reports and presentations for funders, the NCI and ACC as needed. Work with the PMBHI leadership and team to draft manuscripts summarizing the program's research.
5. Coordinate and implement outreach, educational, screening and recruitment activities in the ACC Catchment Area focused on cancer screening, early detection and treatment to reduce the burden of cancer in diverse communities and increase access to and participation in cancer treatment trials.
Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Position contingent upon funding.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Posted about 14 hours ago
Posted about 11 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our