Posted in Education and Training
Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
"Hybrid Remote Work Possible"
The Clinical System IT System Administrator will be responsible for:
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS/DESIGN (ENVIRONMENT/PLATFORM)
1. With guidance and direction, design simple business, clinical, education, or infrastructure solutions by meeting with customers to observe and understand current processes and the issue related to those processes. Provide written documentation and diagrams of findings to share with the client and other IT colleagues.
2. Design simple solutions that conform to institutional policies, standards, and guidelines, and infrastructure environment and to vendor and industry best practices to deliver a quality product.
3. Participates in the selection of infrastructure applications that reside between end user applications and hardware operating systems by working with vendors, customers, and other sources (i.e., opensource or Internet2 initiatives) to provide configurable tools to the customers.
INSTALL AND CONFIGURE
4. Install and configure basic server hardware and operating systems by following technical documentation to provide a working product.
5. Evaluate, implement, and monitor appropriate basic software and hardware solutions by using best practices for the environment to ensure system integrity.
6. Install and configure infrastructure applications by following product installation and configuration directions and industry best practices to deliver a solution to the customers.
7. Implement a schedule of system backups and archive operations by using best practices for the environment to ensure data/media recoverability.
MAINTAIN AND TROUBLESHOOT
8. Provide basic server level administration (manage HW/SW, maintenance, upgrades and patches, account maintenance, backups and recoveries and assist users) by following documented procedures to ensure a stable environment.
9. Monitor and tune the system by following documentation and procedures to achieve optimum performance levels.
10. Develop basic scripts and solutions by using departmental standards to automate systems management.
11. With guidance and direction, perform basic system software upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination by following documentation and departmental standards to provide a stable product for the environment.
12. Audit and maintain user access and authorization by following access and authorization documentation to provide for system security.
13. Generate and maintain periodic and ongoing system specific reports by using appropriate tools to assess system performance, integrity and capacity in order to deliver a stable environment to the users.
14. Follow and maintain IT security awareness and best practices by understanding security principles as they pertain to environments supported in order to deliver secure solutions to customers.
15. Utilize system management and monitoring tools and incident tracking systems by following documentation and standards to detect incidents and take corrective actions. Participates in determining root cause.
16. Monitor changes and resolve routine incidents by responding to problems as they occur, by reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and by proactively ensuring the solution works successfully in order to satisfy the customer requirements and to provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our