Mass General Brigham Integrated Care is a system-led operating entity formed by Mass General Brigham to develop new high quality, low cost, innovative community-based ambulatory care.This work stems from Mass General Brigham's unified system strategy to bring health care closer to patients while lowering total health care costs. MGB Integrated Care will provide a wide range of offerings, including outpatient surgery, imaging, primary care, behavioral and mental health, and specialty care, both digitally as well as at physical locations across the state and region.
We aspire to be people's first choice for health and care
- rooted in well-being and kindness -
by bringing world-class care closer to home (or at home!) and
being the bridge to world-renowned hospitals and research when needed.
We are looking for team members who possess not only the relevant skills and growth potential, but positive attitudes, flexibility, and creative mindsets to join our expanding team. Opportunities exist for team members to contribute both in their primary domain as well as in other areas of the organization.
Our core values are shared fundamental beliefs that guide our decision-making and behavior and bind us together as a team. At MGB Integrated Care, we are:
The Opportunity: Clinical Compliance Specialist
- Bravely Human: We approach our work with empathy, vulnerability, and kindness.
- Clearly Honest: We seek to provide clarity amongst our teams and patients.
- Proudly Collaborative: We are all part of a team - each bringing our unique talents to bear.
- Intentionally Consistent: We intentionally live our purpose, providing a cohesive experience for both patients and providers.
- Exceptionally Creative: We continue to learn, grow, and iterate on the ways we work.
The Quality and Patient Experience Team provides several essential functions:
- Leadership and technical expertise supporting MGB clinical quality measurement and reporting executive dashboards and systems. These dashboards and systems are designed for leadership and hospital boards as a foundation for system-wide strategic goals as well as for quality and safety improvement work across the System.
- Support for quality improvement initiatives, such as sharing clinical best practices system-wide and developing and supporting quality initiatives to improve care and patient value.
- Leadership for Patient Safety initiatives system-wide through programs aimed at error reporting and surveillance and teamwork training.
The Clinical Compliance Specialist supports the organization's programs which address accreditation and related regulatory requirements, such as Department of Public Health (DPH) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). They have independent responsibility for licensing and accreditation readiness audit. They assist with other compliance efforts of the department such as corporate compliance, patient safety, and health care quality.Responsibilities
- Auditing, monitoring, tracking, trending and reporting compliance with state, federal, and other regulatory requirements; managing and reducing compliance risks
- Facilitates compliance awareness and conducts trainings across MGB ICare
- Provides service, guidance and support in response to the changing needs of the organization, healthcare laws (state and federal), and governmental practices.
- Independently manages the system wide electronic policy management system. In addition, responsible for coordinating and updating as needed the tri-annual review of the hospital administrative policies.
- Ongoing standards compliance:
- Stays current with evolving DPH and CMS standards and interpretations
- With the Director, assures implementation of the standards
- Conducts regular review of policies, training, and communications to ensure continuous improvement
- Responsible for preparation of compliance presentations and reports such as incident and training metrics
- Carry out special projects to track trends and analyze deliverable and data to identify impacts and potential opportunities.
- Survey Process: at the direction of the Director, supports facilitation of the survey which includes notification and updates to the community, scheduling, identifying participants for tracer activities, retrieving documentation as requested and escorting. Post survey, program manager assists departments with the development of remedial action plans and ongoing tracking of measures of success.
- Assists with DPH licensure activities with the relevant department and with MGB ICare Real Estate & Facilities, related to construction, renovation, addition of services or beds. Maintains accurate records.
- Represents the department on hospital committees and ad hoc task forces.
- Assists with a coordinated response to unannounced external accrediting or regulatory agency visits such as DPH.
- Related duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in healthcare. Preferred Master's prepared.
- 4-5 years experience in project management in a complex organization
- Experience with DPH and other healthcare regulatory work in an ambulatory healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of New Hampshire and Massachusetts state DPH requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical terminology.
• Primary Location: Hybrid (Remote, Assembly Row, and iCare sites)
• Travel Requirements: Various iCare sites, as needed
• Schedule: Monday to Friday, occasional weekends and extended hours
• Job-Type: Full-timeEEO Statement
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.