Clerk I - Mendota Heights, MN
Sign on bonus: $500
Location: This position will work on-site at our work site in Mendota Heights, MN.
The Clerk will be responsible for providing basic clerical activities in support of a department.
How will you make an impact
- Makes and receives phone calls to exchange information to accomplish tasks.
- Routinely files work, reports, etc. in case files and designated areas.
- Sorts, labels, alphabetizes documents/files, etc. for others to execute work effort.
- Extracts, sorts, preps, batches and routes documents within the company as needed.
- Operates camera/scanner and retrieves previously scanned information as needed.
- Copies incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Ensures rejected claims were denied correctly or determines if those claims should be matched to a member.
- Manually matches or denies claims that are halted in our system because of inadequate information.
- Navigates proprietary software systems to locate member information.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and HITRUST information security requirements to protect client information.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED and related work experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in operating basic equipment required. A valid state driver's license may be required.
For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.