Viking Electric - City Desk
Counter Sales Associate
Up to $4,000 sign on bonus based on experience
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
As a City Desk Associate, your job will be the front line of service for our customers by receiving, processing, and filling customer orders at the counter and from telephone orders; advise customers on prices and materials and assist in the warehouse. City Desk Associates are also expected to gain product and sales knowledge over time while becoming more proficient with Viking's other departments, systems, and procedures. Viking Electric is willing to provide training opportunities to gain product and industry-specific certifications.
- Constant phone communication with customers for various project reasons such as relaying product pricing and information or receipt of special material for pick up.
- Locating proper stock number, prepare and enter work orders and special backorders. Call Credit Department as needed.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager and operations team members in sharing some warehouse responsibilities like stocking and organizing products throughout the warehouse.
- Pick and pack exact materials from warehouse stock for will call pick-ups and local truck delivery. Complete the order process by loading delivery trucks or customer vehicles.
- Accept returned merchandise and complete appropriate computer process
- Responsible for opening and closing the branch location on assigned occasions taking into account building security and customer service.
- Strong communication skills including listing to and speaking with customers face-to-face and over the phone
- Able to develop product knowledge to understand customer requests and identify appropriate materials and parts.
- Strong math and technology skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and handle pressure such as customer service demands and tight time constraints
- Customer Service Experience Preferred.
- Electrical warehousing or electrical construction experience preferred
- Warehouse equipment experience is preferred
- Comfortable working within multiple computer software at one time
- Comfortable navigating and searching the internet
- Experience working in a fast-paced industry that embraces change
REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Earning Potential: You can expect to earn a wage that is competitive and provides a reliable/steady paycheck.
- Development: Associates who began in our warehouse have grown and become active in other areas of the business such as leadership, operations, HR, and sales.
- Benefits: Our full-time associates are eligible for a range of benefits including, health care, 401 (k) savings plan, dental, vision, paid time off, and lots more.
- Engagement: Our warehouse environment is fast paced and keeps you actively engaged.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company.
Check out the Viking Electric LinkedIn Company Page for more company info and insights from our associates.
Viking Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer