There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing multi-disciplined team of experienced individuals in a start-up environment. The team will drive the solution design, development, and deployment of advanced High Performance Computing (HPC) Engineering modeling and simulation solutions. This is in support of the company's Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Application teams that perform end-to-end simulations from vehicle design through vehicle dynamics.
You will directly contribute to the CAE/HPC modeling and simulation lifecycle through integration across the HPC environment, leveraging open source development, and delivery of project-based solutions using both waterfall and agile methodologies. Initial application development will focus on physics-based modeling, imposing computational fluid dynamics (CFD), and facilitating the utilization of cluster-based and container-based modeling and simulation packages in HPC environments. You'll have the opportunity to design and lead iterative development and learning cycles that ultimately produce new and creative CAE solutions. The scope of the HPC landscape will include:
- CAE applications running on the HPC environment
- Open source development and integration
- Simulation lifecycle management
- HPC job and process optimization
Candidates must be collaborative team players who will work closely with business customers, developers, engineers, project managers, analysts, and leadership. The role will require expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.Additional Job DescriptionEducation/Experience:
Required technical and Engineering experience:
- Masters (PhD preferred) in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related quantitative areas
- 2 - 5 years in the business environment
- Published technical works desirable
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, computational fluid dynamics
- Background in battery cells, vehicle electronic components, or fuel cells is a plus
- General background in partial differential equations, optimization, and/or statistics
- Familiarity with Open Source platforms such as OpenFOAM, ParaView, Computational Model Builder, Truchas, NASTRAN, Calculix, or Code Aster
- Experience with pre-processing tools (ANSA, Hypermesh) including fundamentals of morphing
- Familiarity with CAE software tools such as Powerflow, Star CCM+, PumpLinx, Converge, CFX, TaiTherm, Abaqus, Magmasoft and Flow-3D
- Experience programming in languages such as C++, Python, and Java
- Understanding of simulation life-cycle from CAD to post-processing
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.