Job ID: 248643
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Under general supervision and according to specified policies and procedures, performs general cleanup and material handling duties. May perform numerous and varied jobs, using more specialized skills, under the guidance of others. Complies with all applicable safety and environmental policies and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Cleans plant areas as directed including shoveling cement, clinker and raw material spills around machinery and plant facilities, sweeping dirt, picking up trash, cleaning drainage ditches, etc.
* Utilizes various hand and power tools such as shovels, wheelbarrows, hammers, pliers, drills, etc. in conjunction with buildings and grounds work assignments.
* Operates motorized vehicles such as a pickup truck, front-end loader, forklift and dump truck to perform material transport duties.
* Operates motorized sweeper, vacuum and water trucks to contain dust in outdoor and indoor areas of plant.
* Performs general landscaping and grounds maintenance duties as assigned.
* Learns about plant operations including the process flow of raw materials, gases, and finished product. Assists as needed in performing maintenance, production and/or shipping duties as relief for workers in other departments.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations as requested.
ISO 14001 TRAINING PLAN
The Laborer must become familiar with and participate in initial and annual training for ISO 14001 requirements.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Mechanical aptitude and ability to properly operate mobile equipment (once trained) required. Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. in English required. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills required.
Work requires but not limited to: walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, working in an awkward position and in confined spaces, and handling materials weighing up to 75 pounds. Ability to work at heights up to 250 feet.
Job hazards include frequent exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and all weather conditions.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 2, 2021
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Plant, Plant Operator, Laborer, Labor, Warehouse, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations