SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Production Manager, This position is responsible for monitoring and maximizing finish grinding area incl. all finish mills as well as delivery to storage silos.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the finish mills (and raw grinding when needed) department.
- Review and analyze operational data to evaluate and recommend changes for efficient and continuous operation.
- Ensure maximum utilization and performance of all finish mill (and raw mill) equipment at the lowest costs.
- Ensures management is aware of trends and operational issues in a timely manner and is responsible for communicating proposed solutions.
- Responsibility/ownership of the assets. Work with maintenance and quality control to improve the reliability of the assets.
- Leads daily consultation with the Production Supervisor /CRO to discuss and evaluate performance and the resulting impact on overall finish mill production.
- Facilitates operational approach to ensure production goals are met on a daily basis.
- Provide technical expertise to diagnose delays in operations, leading the efforts to remedy problems by taking appropriate actions to restore correct operating procedures.
- Advise management and operations staff on necessary adjustments and changes to protocols to minimize future incidents.
- Collaborates with the plant Quality Control Department to meet product specifications and production goals.
- Monitors plant's production KPIs on regular basis and coordinate plans to improve them in coordination with different departments.
- Conducts, coordinate and participate on Root Cause Analysis of major mill system equipment downtimes.
- Performs monthly inspections on Finish Mills and initiate/follow up corrective actions when needed.
- Perform quarterly process assessments on Finish Mills & Raw Mill, and initiate actions to improve equipment performance. Performs field tests on finish mill systems with other process engineers, reports on findings and plan of action to address deficiencies.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of procedures and programs to increase process efficiency, equipment performance, product quality and working conditions
- Ensures that all federal, state and company safety regulations are met consistently and that employees are trained/understand and comply with these safety standards
- Identifies and implements new and improved methods of production. Keep abreast of changes in technology and innovative production methods, as well as current trends in the industry
- Provides guidance to the Process Control Technicians in finish mill operations & raw mill operations.
- Participates and drives finish mill projects and communicates maintenance requirements with the Maintenance Department.
- Directs material handling maintenance projects w.r.t. finish mill system improvements.
- Analyzes and interprets finish grind data for other departments as required.
- Ensure compliance with plant policies & procedures, safety, environmental, state and federal process regulations.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of mill and grinding systems.
- Participate in CI project opportunities.
- Supports field tests on kiln and raw mill systems with other process engineers, reports on findings.
- Facilitates the plant control system updates and makes recommendations with respect to plant operating needs to Production manager.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in chemical engineering or equal preferred, but not essential; or
- Technical / managerial experience in cement production of at least 5 years or more
- Knowledge of all phases of cement production in finish mill systems, including field process measurements and calculations to facilitate heat and material balances, finish mill audits, and audit reports with recommendations on actions needed.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other job related computer applications. Ability to quickly learn any software needed to perform duties
- Ability to speak clearly in English and be understood in conversation and on telephones/radios
- Ability to respond decisively to emergencies
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in problem solving
- Knowledge of all relevant safety regulations and strong commitment to safety
- Promote proper safety practices and accident prevention
- Ability to effectively direct, motivate and coach the activities of others
- Strong written/verbal communication, analytical, and mechanical skills
- Excellent work ethic - high standard of performance and production.
- Exercise independent decision-making, prioritize conflicting demands
- Must understand Lockout/Tagout/Tryout procedure and safety requirements
- Must understand Confined Space entry procedure and safety requirements
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Climb ladder and/or stairs up to 150 feet
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time (up to eight hours), stand, stoop, and bend.
- Manual dexterity to operate telephone, personal computer, fax and copy machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to drive automobile to various plant sites and work locations.
- Ability to wear PPE, including hard hat, steel toed boots, safety eye wear and hearing protection.
- Ability to walk up to 200 yards over rough, uneven, and/or wet and slippery terrain.
- Ability to climb on equipment to provide supervision as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds up to 10 times a day.
Must be able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, and rain).Must be able to work in noisy environment with noise levels up to 120 dba.Must be able to work in environments including vibration and mechanical and electrical hazards.Must be able to work any assigned shift. May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS's) DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This job has expired.