Everest Insurance Company
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
The Catastrophe & Exposure Management department of Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Group, Ltd. is looking for an experienced catastrophe management professional to fill the Catastrophe Modeler position. Working alongside a team of highly trained Catastrophe Modelers, you will provide catastrophe risk assessment to help guide underwriting decisions on our Commercial Property insurance business, supporting Everest's diversified profitable growth goals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide catastrophe risk assessment to underwriters
- Review data provided by broker and client for data quality assessment (data cleansing)
- Supplement additional data to provide better risk assessment of the exposure (data augmentation)
- Leverage catastrophe modeling models and other analytical tools to provide timely risk assessment to underwriters; identify key risk drivers and suggest mitigation strategies with underwriters
- Research, develop, and present critical insights and new ways to understand the portfolio in addition to pre-existing measurements and techniques.
- Enhance our ability to capture, analyze and report on datasets; Improve existing automation tools and build new automations between systems and other existing tools.
- Develop, integrate, and maintaining tools utilizing programming languages.
- Assist senior leaders with the evaluation of new CAT market opportunities and emerging technologies, including new insurance programs, underwriting strategy, models, and software tools.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of P&C experience in adjacent roles, working in catastrophe modeling function in Insurance/Reinsurance
- Demonstrable rock-solid programming experience. Must be able to write SQL fluently.
- A history of creating Python, C#, or other languages to automate data flow and workflow processes across multiple enterprise products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience explaining complex technical and analytical concepts to business colleagues and senior management.
- Excellent problem solver: apply logic and reasoning to identify pros/cons of possible solutions, think through all angles and future implications when making decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM majors, finance, economics, or business.
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
- Warren, NJ
For NYC Only: The base salary range for this position is $60,000 - $115,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.
At Everest, our purpose is to provide the world with protection. We help clients and businesses thrive, fuel global economies, and create sustainable value for our colleagues, shareholders and the communities that we serve. We also pride ourselves on having a unique and inclusive culture which is driven by a unified set of values and behaviors. Click here to learn more about our culture.
Our Values are the guiding principles that inform our decisions, actions and behaviors. They are an expression of our culture and an integral part of how we work: Talent. Thoughtful assumption of risk. Execution. Efficiency. Humility. Leadership. Collaboration. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our Colleague Behaviors define how we operate and interact with each other no matter our location, level or function: Respect everyone. Pursue better. Lead by example. Own our outcomes. Win together.
All colleagues are held accountable to upholding and supporting our values and behaviors across the company. This includes day to day interactions with fellow colleagues, and the global communities we serve.
Boston, MA, New York, NY
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at email@example.com.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.