TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our global customers to make informed decisions. We are creating a better world by helping protect people, products and the environment, as well as by optimizing research and industrial processes. We hire curious, collaborative, and critical thinkers. Explore TSI careers!
The Supply Chain Engineer II has a demonstrated knowledge of, and an ability to apply standard engineering practices toward, problem solving and improvements associated with the design, development, and manufacture of purchased parts as a means to reduce their cost. This position will have direct interaction with, and support the development of, the supply base for purchased goods and services. The Supply Chain Engineer takes primary project direction from the Chief Procurement Officer, but operates within the specific technical guidance as provided by the Engineering and Quality groups.
- Identify and evaluate potential opportunities for component redesign which will result in contained or reduced purchase, manufacturing, assembly and/or testing costs.
- Representing supply chain interests, actively participate on product development teams, to ensure optimization of the Engineering/Supply Chain interface and supplier input.
- Support engineering change process by reviewing proposed changes, engineering drawings, documentation, and change timing and their impact on supply chain and the supply base.
- Support supplier development initiatives executed as a function of commodity and/or supplier strategies.
- Participate in the technical evaluation and technical performance measurement of the supply base.
- Employ scientific and statistical expertise to support identification of root cause and appropriate corrective action(s) for solving purchased product failures.
- Review solutions with senior engineers and project managers when necessary.
- Responsible for managing own work flow and developing a deeper understanding of supply management strategies.
- The scope of the work may consist of design, modification, experimentation and analysis that is moderately complex in nature and involve multiple stakeholders.
- Apply problem solving skills to analysis of new and unfamiliar engineering problems.
- Must work well with others.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is desired
- 3 - 5 years of mechanical engineering experience is required.
- If a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is held, substitutions may be made for the Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business discipline, with a supply chain emphasis highly preferredquired
- Product development experience on a project from concept phase through launch phase
- Strong demonstration of experience interacting with the supply chain function and the supply base
- Supplier development experience
TSI is a drug and alcohol free workplace. Pre-employment screenings are conducted.