ECS is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to work in our Washington, DC office.
ECS is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to support a dynamic client in DC (Metro Accessible). This position requires an active Top-Secret Clearance.
The BI Developer will be joining a dynamic and skilled team of engineers in support of an enterprise wide financial system. They must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with the group.
This high visibility system is used at all levels of the organization and considered critical to the mission. The BI Developer will work with DBAs and the development team to create customized dashboards, reports and data visualizations.
Primary responsibility of the BI Developer is to design and develop business intelligence applications.
- Design, develop, and unit test client facing web-enabled interactive, enterprise grade reports and dashboards
- Provide verbal and non-verbal updates for assignments to the team
- Work with users and stakeholders to transform business requirements into functionality
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Must have a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Strong background with business intelligence tools such as WebFOCUS, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SAP, etc.
- Exhibiting an understanding of structured programming languages/concepts, Object Oriented Programming languages/concepts (Java mainly), Scripting languages (UNIX mainly)
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining BI products and any add-on products and development tools in required environments
- The ability to understand business problems and proactively offer technical solutions, using traditional and emerging concepts and technologies
- Experience implementing Enterprise level systems
- Hands on experience analyzing specifications, designing, developing and testing reports using WebFOCUS is highly desirable
- Familiarity with concepts of Data Warehousing, proven ability to implement reporting views
- Familiarity with performance tuning concepts when working with large datasets & queries
- Amazon AWS knowledge and Certifications
- Prior project converting Oracle Database schemas to Redshift/PostgreSQL
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.