There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The General Motors Manufacturing team is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as a Business Analyst. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
GM's Manufacturing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Manufacturing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading analysts, developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world's best customer experience. In short, we're currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
Our Business Facing team supports the creation and enhancement of some of the industry's most innovative and complex systems. This team defines, prioritizing and drives the development of software solutions to GM Manufacturing business partners. Members of this team drive the development of portfolio strategies and tactical solution to successfully deliver innovative capabilities which will drive business results, business value and increased customer satisfaction.
About the role
We are looking for experienced business analysts, who have a demonstrated capability of communicating with a broad range of customers, driving alignment and direction and delivering valuable capabilities for General Motors manufacturing operations. You will be working side by side with developers, testers, project managers and customers to build innovative solutions to solve challenging business problems.
The Lead Business Analyst is accountable for maintaining the relationship with the end user (i.e. Business Team/Customer) in key business process threads. They are responsible for eliciting requirements/user stories and representing them to the Enterprise Solutions Delivery and Enterprise Sustain Services teams throughout the systems development cycle..
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have demonstrated ability in the following:
- Project coordination & execution role for Plan and Define as part of the System Development process
- Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
- Partners with business to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/executed and application is successfully transitioned to production
- Increased understanding of business issues and data challenges of the business
- Serves as the requirements liaison between the business community and the IT teams
- Coordinates with Business on Problem and Incident Management
- Coordinates project business value/return on investment analysis
- Supports IT Strategy Development
- Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
- Makes recommendations on what projects should be pursued
- Perform research on new ideas / initiatives the organization may want to pursue
- Assists with coordination & representation for Change Requests (CRs)
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements:
- In-depth understanding of business analyst fundamentals
- In-depth understanding of writing & leading Business Requirements Documents
- In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
- Knowledge in a functional area or business process domain
- In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
- In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it
- Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability
- Independently facilitates sessions with end users, asking probing questions to elicit business process discussion and capture process flow diagrams
- Independently facilitates meetings.
- Bachelor's degree required (technical discipline preferred) or equivalent experience
7+ years in one or more of these applicable business environments (manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, controls, industrial engineering, automation)
- In-depth manufacturing knowledge
- Action oriented
- Presents information for decision making purposes with little to no direction
- Increased technical & business acumen for planning
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task i.e. managing multiple projects
Strongly Desired: Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, including planning, execution and monitoring
- Preferred: 2+ Years of experience with Agile software development methodologies, including enterprise Agile methodologies such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.