Job ID: 283484
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 250 operating locations and approximately 8,400 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and throughout Europe.
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit to support all aspects of a fast-paced lawn & garden products manufacturing facility. Daily duties include monitoring daily key point measures, safety, production flow, and material costs. In this role, the Production Supervisor will provide leadership to staff, assess performance, schedule and direct all operational activities to ensure product quality and consistency while promoting a Safety is #1 atmosphere and culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing process improvement methods and ensuring non-stop operations and ongoing production in an effective, safe and profitable manner
- Responsible for inventory management, labor, production efficiency, and cost controls
- Provide leadership to staff, assessing performance, scheduling and directing all operational activities to ensure quality and consistency
- Ensuring workplace safety through implementation, adherence, and enforcement of company business standards, as well as safety and development programs
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Must have skills in training employees: planning, assigning and directing work
- Must have excellent multi-tasking, analytical and communication skills
- Must have mechanical knowledge of machines, equipment, and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, and work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Experience in wood/pulp/mulch manufacturing preferred
- Experience with heavy equipment and machinery
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Raleigh Job Segment:
Manager, Temporary, Facilities, Business Process, Management, Contract, Operations
This job has expired.