Job Description Summary
About Lamb Weston
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization's goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
When you choose a career with us, every day is fry-day!
Responsibilities include learning to diagnose critical refrigeration, boiler, steam, air problems, installing and setting up equipment, monitoring the function of boilers and support equipment, steam systems, air compressors and air systems, refrigeration equipment to ensure proper operation. Advise supervisory personnel of maintenance requirements, repairs of equipment, and any maintenance activities to maximize plant production and uptime. Accomplish assigned repair and maintenance functions throughout the plant in an orderly and timely manner. Will be motivated to complete assigned work orders, and to approach Leads, Peers, and Supervisors for continuous improvement.
- Always maintains safe work practices and participates in safety programs and assures that safe work practices are followed in all work groups.
- Must have the ability to communicate and work with other hourly associates and salaried personnel in a positive manner.
- Perform routine checks and preventive maintenance established by the Team Leader Maintenance and the Maintenance Lead.
- Will be required to perform emergency repairs with minimal to no supervision.
- Perform non-routine maintenance activities assigned by supervision.
- Assist in performing maintenance work, repair, and adjustments of processing equipment; change and replace belts, sprockets, bearings, chains, motors, pumps, etc., and perform building repairs.
- Must attend confined space training (attendant, entrant and rescuer), HAZCOM (Hazard Communication) training, and can be qualified in these areas.
- Perform line checks and preventive maintenance (PM) tasks, including documentation lubrication and inspection of equipment to prevent or identify failures.
- Learn and perform operation functions for refrigeration systems and freeze tunnels.
- Read, write, and communicate effectively in English by using prints, sketches, diagrams, operating instructions and technical manuals.
- Assist supervision in the safety training of associates in the proper and safest way to check and repair equipment.
- Will assist in any maintenance activity assigned by supervision.
- Will maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Will perform frequent housekeeping to ensure safe and clean conditions in all areas of responsibility. This will include support of CPS programs; to include 5S.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be able to learn and demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools, commonly used in this plant, in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Must be able to learn and operate all equipment assigned to Boiler Refrigeration Maintenance.
- By providing competency in safe operation of the equipment, know what the safe limits of the equipment are, and how to avoid deviations.
- Follows instructions given in work logs, work orders and equipment manuals.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and repair all equipment in and outside of the plant.
- Must be able to pass respiratory fit test and medical evaluation, and guidelines in PSM respiratory program.
- This position requires the use of facility provided personal protective equipment (PPE) to perform the job safely.
- Must be able to qualify for operation of forklift and manlift and operate the equipment in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
- Must have qualified as a Boiler refrigeration Maintenance I, capable of doing all operations, know limits of equipment and how to avoid deviations, capable of sound trouble shooting basic refrigeration, boiler, steam and air systems.
- 5 years of on-the-job training or equal experience is preferred.
- Basic education on Power systems, Refrigeration system, air systems, and basic welding.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to do basic refrigeration calculations in order to trouble shoot refrigeration systems.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to stands and climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk, write, or hear.
- This position requires you to safely lift and carry a 50 pound ladder, and safely lift up to 100 pounds unassisted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job has expired.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable in individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work will be performed in all areas of the plant.
- In this position, you will be required to withstand varying temperatures from cold to hot (-28 to 120 degrees) dust, vibration, high humidity, fumes, and wet, dry, muddy and greasy areas.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually above 85dB and requires hearing protection.