PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Biomedical Technologist III is to assist with overall operations of the Biomedical Engineering group function in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local requirements. Assists/guides and performs on-the-job training for entry level Biomedical Technologists.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
- AA in Applied Science, Biomedical Engineering required, CBET required.
- At least 8 years experience in biomedical engineering field preferred
- Specialty training/education required
- Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel.
Duty 1: Serves as a Biomedical Engineer to perform routine preventive maintenance, repairs and upgrades to all biomedical related equipment to ensure safe and reliable equipment.
Duty 2: Assists with evaluation of cost associated with the maintenance of Biomedical related equipment to determine cost benefits of acquiring or terminating service contracts.
Duty 3: Assists with the maintaining of complete and accurate records for all repairs, preventive maintenance and upgrades on all biomedical related equipment to meet all regulatory agency requirements.
Duty 4: Demonstrates the ability to diagnosis and repair biomedical related equipment with the most cost effective and reliable parts to ensure maximum up time as well as safe and reliable equipment.
Duty 5: Keeps current on training and cross trains others to continue expansion of the department's scope of coverage.
Duty 6: Maintains department and tools in a neat and orderly fashion to ensure a safe and productive working environment.
Duty 7: Works with customers to assist in the purchase, maintenance, costs and end of life determination to ensure their biomedical related equipment provides safe and accurate service for their patients.
Duty 8: Adheres to policies and procedures to ensure that departmental staff is compliant with all applicable regulator agencies.
This job has expired.