Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position Summary: Responsible for performing primarily billing-related issues (escalated and non-escalated). Serves as the Customer Service Department interface with the Accounts Receivable department (A/R). Communicates with the Customer Service Department management any problems, trends or new policies implemented by the A/R deparment in a timely manner. Responsible for delivering high quality service on all calls answered in any queue. Requires ability to multi-task in a high stress environment. Provides accurate and timely information to supporting cpl departments, clients, and patients. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs such as call quality monitors and incentive call volume.
- Utilizes billing and clinical resources and customer service skills to effectively and efficiently triage supervisor calls
- Follows billing procedures for processing claims, analyzing accounts, and documenting action performed.
- Follows clinical procedures for reporting results, providing clinical information such as specimen requirements and test information, and documenting action performed.
- Ability to accurately complete the necessary paperwork for appropriate action by supporting CPL departments.
- Understands and operates computer resources proficiently.
- Ability to positively meet the needs of CPL patient and clients through professional communication.
- Ability to appropriately select area for action or resolution primarily in the billing department.
- Ability to interface with primarily billing department and initiate meetings for standardization of communication between customer service and the billing department.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, leadership, and problem solving skills to ensure quality and fast turn around time on client or patient requests
- Follows established policies and procedures for billing, clinical, documentation, and customer service.
- Identifies problems which may adversely affect billing, clinical, or customer service and takes appropriate action, including supervisor notification.
- Understands and follows all cpl policies.
- Understands and follows all HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in departmental Customer Service Meetings.
- Follows Compliance procedures and participates in Compliance training.
- Disseminates information and monitor implementation after discussion with Supervisors in a timely manner.
- Effectively utilizes departmental or company resources timely
- Demonstrates efficiency by handling calls promptly and determining priority based on the situation.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies with minimal waste.
- Utilizes down time or slow times constructively.
- Consistently reviews and updates the billing Procedure Manual when new procedures are finalized.
- Complete monthly monitors as assigned.
- Monitors and manages the queues to minimize after-call work.
- Serves as a department resource for billing and clinical.
- Utilizes personal and professional skills to promote excellent customer service.
- Communicates with cpl staff and its customers to ensure quality.
- Maintains and supports a service oriented relationship with internal and external customers.
- Respects and protects the confidentiality of information relative to patients and clients.
- Strives to preserve a positive work environment.
- Takes escalated calls and triages appropriately both in clinical and billing.
- Perform leadership type duties when the supervisor is not available, which includes personnel management and departmental workflow processes.
- Works with outside leaders in the company to accomplish daily goals, including speaking directly with departments and necessary personnel. Communicate and standardize information to appropriate personnel or departments to disseminate information.
- Work with employees and trainers consistently to help standardize information and training.
Promotes quality client/patient relations and creates a supportive climate by serving as a role model for other employees. Respects and maintains the confidentiality of laboratory and financial information. Practices and adheres to all company policies and regulations.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.Education:
Minimum - High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Preferred - Associates degree or Bachelor degree in related field, or Medical Assistant trainingExperience:
Minimum - 2 years of Call Center experience and/or experience in other department(s) at CPL or another laboratory in billing.
Preferred - 2 years or more of Call Center experience and Medical or Billing experienceSkills:
Excellent customer service and communication skills. Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks. Ability to adapt to changing work environment. Works well independently. Ability to communicate effectively and proactively on situations that require attention quickly. Able to type at least 35 wpm.Reporting Relationships:
Reports to the Customer Service Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor or other designated person.Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time in a small cubicle or requires walking for long periods of time within the building. Requires manipulation of tools, objects, and equipment using the following physical motions: pushing, pulling, lifting, reaching above shoulder height, grasping with one hand or both, extensive typing, twisting and reaching. Routinely requires coordination of two or more physical operations. Requires ability to hear audible sounds via headset or telephone handset.Environmental Demands:
Works in a temperature controlled environment. Works in a small, noisy environment. May be required to operate fire and safety equipment or follow other safety procedures in an emergency situation. May be required to work with time constraints and crisis situations.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40Work Shift:Job Category:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.