Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
The Business Intelligence Developer is an integral part of the Data and Analytics Team and is responsible for the design, development, and project management of business intelligence solutions, including reports, dashboards, and other data views, to meet the needs of customers for various data sources. The Business Intelligence Developer II will have extensive interaction with operational team members and leadership and will be tasked with analysis of business data and analytics requirements, and the transformation of those requirements into analytics solutions. Mentoring of other team members on BI concepts and strategies is also an integral role of the position.
Minimum Job Qualifications
A minimum of 5 years' experience as a developer with various BI and other analytic reporting software applications with strong preference for EPIC, SQL, and Crystal Report Writing. Prior experience providing production level support and/or development in business intelligence (BI)/enterprise data warehouse (EDW) environments. Experience in database development and management tasks such as creating indexes, functions, stored procedures, creating databases, file groups, users, configuring permissions and assigning roles to users preferred. Working knowledge of data warehouse concepts, enterprise data management, modeling techniques and ability to create solutions, participate in strategy discussions and review them with customer as well as project stakeholders also preferred.
Licensure or other Certifications
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- EPIC Revenue, Access or Clinical Data Model Certification required (must be obtained within 6 months of date of hire)
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analytical and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work with management and customers; proven ability to work independently or as a team member; strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills; initiative in enhancing system productivity, functionality, and performance.
- Hands-on with ability to design, re-design (schemas, data models, entity relationships etc), and probe and guide developers.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and people-facing skills.
- Proven ability to maintain positive peer, customer relationships, interacting positively and productively with teams across organizational lines.
- Demonstrates skills in critical thinking, and consensus and relationship building.
- Understanding of the full reporting delivery life cycle, from requirements definition to report development and testing required as well as understanding of data management best practices and proper use of data management technologies.
- Comfortable presenting to senior management, physicians and all levels of staff.
- Possess an understanding of data warehousing concepts, including relational and multidimensional modeling.
- Service-oriented; able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical customers.
- Experience in creating and maintaining reports that summarize data to be used by management.
- Must be able to function in dynamic environment subject to changes in schedules and priorities, working on multiple projects/ issues concurrently.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems supported.
- Ability to learn rapidly and to apply formal training to new software environments.
- Experience in analytics specification gathering, reviews, solution design, estimation and general planning for project execution, monitoring and control.
- Experience in designing, building, testing, executing and performance tuning of ETL and reporting applications, including automation of ETL jobs for recurring imports; fluent in Microsoft SQL.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.NGHS: Opportunities start here.
- Maintains a service-oriented approach with customers, providing follow up and responding to issues/ concerns in a timely manner.
- Answer staff and client questions in person, via email and via phone. Provide after-hours on-call support on a scheduled basis.
- Responsible for ensuring service level agreement adherence.
- Creates standard or custom reports, dashboards, views, etc. summarizing clinical, financial, or operational data for review by executives, managers, physicians and other stakeholders using the Epic Cogito BI tools, Business Objects, Crystal, and QlikSense.
- Utilizes the report request and development process, including the development of an understanding of a report request, assessment of the appropriate tool to be used to provide the data, creation of a report specification in partnership with the operational stakeholder and application analyst, development of the report and validation of the report by the operational stakeholder to ensure quality, timeliness and accountability.
- Assists with all upgrade, update or enhancement efforts associated with the business intelligence tools.
- Works with other analysts to integrate data from other source systems to form richer data sets, including the capture of derived data to address gaps in source system repositories.
- Conducts or coordinates tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Responsible for data collection/extraction using SQL scripts, indexes and complex queries and developing methods for database design and validation reports.
- Prepares and maintains key documents and technical specifications for new and existing solutions.
- Documents specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- Implements and maintains multidimensional data marts ensuring availability and reliability.
- Provides application analysis and data modeling design to collect data or to extract data from various disparate systems.
- Works closely with end-users to identify and explain data and reporting discrepancies.
- Monitors incident management queue. Efficiently troubleshoot, resolve, report and close active issues.
- Work on additional assignments as delegated by management.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
This job has expired.