Business Insurance Account Manager
The main goal and function of a Business Insurance Account Manager is to assist the production team in the production and service of new and existing accounts. You will support a growing book of business consisting of mostly small to middle market accounts. Great opportunity for career growth with exposure to large, national accounts.
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
Applicants must be within driving distance to a local Southeast Region office to be considered for this role and have the ability to commute to a local office a minimum of three days per week.
What can you expect?
We will count on you to:
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
- Colleagues at MMA Southeast don't simply work together; we challenge each other to push further, think smarter, and love what we're doing together. Our shared purpose is to be there for our clients in the moments that matter.
What you need to have:
- Handles account management responsibilities including billing, policy changes, and coverage questions
- Provides coverage analysis and risk management recommendations, completes applications, prepares submissions, negotiates coverage and pricing, and prepares proposals
- Manages the renewal process and handles cancellation requests
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with clients and companies
- Resolves applicable Accounting Discrepancies
- Assists with policy-checking and keeps up to date on rates, forms, and coverage changes
- Performs all activities relating to the public, customers, and companies to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions
What makes you stand out:
- 2+ years previous insurance experience in applicable insurance products/lines and risk management techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance
- High School Diploma required and Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience is preferred, designations encouraged
- Property & Casualty License (within 90 days of employment)
What is in it for you?
- Extensive knowledge of how insurance products are utilized and administered. Extensive knowledge of markets and marketing techniques.
- Proficiency with agency management software (Sagitta, Image Right)
- Prior insurance brokerage experience
- A shared commitment to company values; Integrity, Collaboration Passion, Innovation, Accountability
- 401K and company match program
- Company-paid Life and Disability offerings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) programs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Volunteer paid time off (VTO)
- Career mobility
- Pet insurance
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Continuing education and training opportunities
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursue dreams without limits. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. Our organization is no exception. MMA was named a 2021 Top Workplace for cultural excellence in the areas of professional development, DE&I practices, and employee well-being.Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority / Female / Disability / Vet / SexualOrientation / Gender Identity employers.
At MMA, your future is limitless. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.