Bulfinch Temporary Service is hiring for a MEG Technologist at MGH.Please note this position is temporary in nature and not eligible for benefits.
- Performs quality control on MEG equipment, performs helium fillsweekly, and reports issues in a timely fashion.
- Checks equipment and accessories to ensure proper working orderprior to MEG and MRI exams, performs troubleshooting if not operating, andnotifies appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Scheduling and coordinating MEG and MRI exams as appropriate toensure smooth work flow.
- Responds to scheduling inquiries/calls from researchers andclinicians
- Ensures clinical and research schedules of MEG and MRI areupdated to avoid double booking, and releases slots if unused.
- Performs supply inventory and orders supplies as needed
- Maintains list of supplies used per clinical case and study inorder to provide cost estimate of disposable supplies per case. Investigatesand finds supplies to fit needs
- Communicates and works with imaging supply changes/needs tocontractors, such as linen and helium supplies.
- Monitors and trains students, post-docs, clinical researchcoordinators and/or researchers in MEGand EEG.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, andtrends in the field of MEG by attending seminars/workshops, and readingprofessional journals. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
Patient and ResearchSubject Interaction:
- Communicates with patients/subjects clearly and in aprofessional manner.
- Ensures proper patient/subject preparation, verifies screeningprotocols, and answers questions.
- Evaluates patient/subject history and symptoms for the proceduresclinical criteria.
- Assist patient/subject in dressing for exam and attends topatients physical well-being while transporting to and from exam room andtable, and positioning for exam.
- Instructs/communicates with patient/subject and/orpatients/subjects family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performedand assesses the patient's/subject's ability to tolerate exam.
- Exam Performance for Clinical and Research studies:
- Performs standard and complex MEG procedures, utilizing routineand research protocols.
- Ensures that scans and records are properly completed withpatient/subject identification data and appropriate labeling.
- Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform proceduresaccurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria.
- Receivingand processing referral from physicians either email, telephone or faxfrom a variety of hospitals from New England and beyond
- Extracts relevant information from patient's clinical record andquestions patient for additional information
- Calling medical insurancecarriers, private and medicaid/medicare for predeterminations and preapprovals
- CoordinatingMEG and MRI appointments with other exams the patient may have
- Preparation:Instruct patients/coordinate appointment with patients (VNS on/off)
- Performsclinical scans of MEG, MRI/fMRI, and 7TMRI
- Verifies the requisition/chart for valid written order, prioritydate, ordering comments, physicians notes, precautions and patient consentforms.
- Observes and prepares notes clinical phenomena occurring duringpatient's/subject's procedure.
- Completes exam charges and documentation and forwards tophysician in a timely manner.
- Verifies research protocol with study team, and ensures consentis complete
- Assists the MRI and MEG Scientists as needed in performingadditional imaging procedures.
- Participates in various accreditation processes as directed.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills& Abilities
- Organize MEG laboratory meetings for housekeeping and attendfacility meetings/classes (minimum 90% attendance).
- Performs pertinent duties in the best interest of patients,personnel and the facility as assigned.
- Adheres to departmental time, attendance and tardinessguidelines.
- Wears employee ID and follows dress code policy.
- As appropriate, may assume supervisory responsibilities in theabsence of the designated supervisor.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve referringclinician satisfaction.
- Participates in all regulatory compliance activities.
Performs other dutiesas needed.
Knowledge of basicfunctional operation and principles of MEG and EEG equipment.
Knowledge of medicalterminology.
Ability to analyzeand interpret data and prepare reports.
Ability to maintainconfidentiality.
Ability toorganize/prioritize duties.
Ability to navigateelectronic medical records. Experience andEducation
Associate's degree,BS, or higher. Prior experience with patients or research subjects, such as EEGtechnologists or MRI technologist, or prior administrative experience and/oradministrative manager experience is strongly preferred. Current BCLS helpful.Salary
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
This job has expired.