Job Location: Bellwood
Want to make an impact?
***THIS IS A 2/2/3/2 SCHEDULE, OVERNIGHT SHIFT (4PM to 4AM)-2 NIGHTS ON, 2 OFF, 3 NIGHTS ON, 2 OFF, every OTHER weekend OFF, etc***
***Starting pay rate is $23.00/hr PLUS a .75 cent/hr shift differential. At 6 months and validating on the machine, your hourly wage will be raised to $24.15/hr plus the .75 cent/hr shift differential!!!***
The machine operator is responsible for set up, operation and maintenance of various machines to ensure continuous, efficient production. The Machine Operator will operate machines that perform one or more functions including but not limited to bagging, pouching, cartoning, filling, labeling, capping, packing, or wrapping containers.
Ways you will make a difference
Skills that will make you successful
- Lead filling machine set up and changeover for production runs
- Follow work instruction, standards and SOP's for equipment set up and changeover
- Identify and resolve issues during set up and changeover
- Ensure packaging material, including but not limited to film, cartons, boxes and labeling meets specifications and quality standards; replenish packaging supplies as needed
- Feed product to conveyors, hoppers, scales, or other feeding devices
- Operate packaging equipment, including troubleshooting and making adjustments in accordance with established work standards; operate touch screen to program code date, product weight and other relevant product data
- Conduct detailed quality checks at regular intervals; inspect filled containers to ensure product is packaged according to specifications
- Remove rejected product as instructed by metal detector alarm
- Diagnose and resolve mechanical issues with equipment at the entry maintenance mechanic level
- Follow escalation protocol in a timely manner when troubleshooting efforts fail
- Work closely with maintenance when escalation to maintenance support is needed for a mechanical issue
- Understand and demonstrate the Company's core values and operating principles
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, GMP and safety standards
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Ferrara Candy Company business objectives
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
• Minimum of 1 year experience operating packaging machinery and/or working in food manufacturing strongly preferred
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic mathematical skills
• Basic understanding of equipment capabilities, standards and proper set points including but not limited to metal detectors, check weights and Ishida scales
• Ability to pass certification test on pallet jack and PIT
• Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods; ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions
• Promote teamwork; possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed.
• Ability to problem solve by adjusting variables in standardized situationsExperiences that will support your success
This job has expired.