Red Rock Job Corps Center is looking to add to our Academics team to provide high-quality education to our students. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching both reading and mathematics. Experience working with students of all ages is a plus, including youth and adults.
Why choose us?
We are dedicated to providing our students the opportunity to build a successful future! The Red Rock Job Corps Center is a residential, year-round campus where we offer hands-on career training and educational skills to prepare our students, typically ages 16 through 24, for a successful future.
A scenic campus like no other! We are located a mile and a half from Lake Jean, inside Rickets Glen State Park in Lopez, PA.
- Set lesson plans
- Create a positive and engaging learning environment for students
- Assess student performance and provide feedback to students and parents
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to enhance the overall educational experience
- NO PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES!!!
- Health insurance benefits package
- Retirement plan options
- Professional development opportunities
Responsible for providing instruction and training to students in the Career Education Center. Develops individual achievement plans and academic goals to ensure student academic achievement in the program. Works with the CTT Instructors to infuse applied academics into CTT curricula to enhance student learning and success. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited school required. Master's degree preferred. A valid in-state teaching certificate or waiver required. Previous teaching or Job Corps experience preferred.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with academic training leading to GED/HSD completion and improved literacy and numeracy skills. Provides students with comprehensive and individualized case management that ensures student progress, achievement and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Ensures classroom is well organized and conducive to student learning. Holds students accountable for following Center's dress code/behavioral standards of conduct.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
"Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard trace, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability." This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Support and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.