The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Psychiatry is seeking to hire a Social Work Specialist to deliver outpatient psychotherapy services at UIHC and/or Scott Boulevard Clinic. Providing expert or very specialized practice skills in child and adolescent diagnostic assessment, child and family psychotherapy, group therapy, consultation, program development, supervision, teaching and training, research, administration or public education. Duties to include:
- Provide planned mental health assessments of child and adolescent patients presenting with a range of behavioral health complaints and concerns in an outpatient clinic.
- Formulate diagnostic opinions and treatment plans utilizing the criteria of the DSM 5.
- Provide individual, family and group psychotherapy services to clinic patients - including those diagnosed with Anxiety, depression, trauma, ADHD, disruptive behavior disorders, and other conditions.
- Provide risk assessment for self-harm and harm to others.
- Differentially provide a wide range of evidence based therapeutic interventions including parent management, behavior modification, dialectical behavior therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and interpersonal modalities of treatment.
- Collaborate with members of the multi-disciplinary clinic treatment team to implement patient care recommendations, including appropriate referrals for additional evaluations and services.
- Comply with standards regarding attendance, documentation, continuous quality improvement, data collection, clinic policies and the Code of Ethics.
- Keep current with social work and health care knowledge base and pursue further enhancements of job-related knowledge.
- Provide program development, teaching and potentially research services.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Demonstrate respect for all members of the University community in the course of performing one's duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customers; constructively brings forward workplace concerns to coworkers and/or supervisor.
- Welcome the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognize that diversity brings stimulation, challenge, and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace.
- Represent the interests of the University and of unit leadership in the use of resources to meet service and productivity demands within unit goals and budgets; strive to promote continual process and quality improvement.
- Seek opportunities to enhance one's own professional knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to one's current position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
- Supervision is received from Clinic Medical Director or designee with secondary supervision provided in concert with the Social Services policy.
- Provides functional and administrative supervision to support staff, residents and graduate students.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Education
- A Master's degree in Social Work is required.
- A license to practice social work in Iowa is required.
- LISW is required
- Minimum 3-5 years Social Work experience which includes experience in child and adolescent outpatient behavioral health care setting and providing psychotherapy services to patients and families in assigned clinical areas.
- Demonstrated experience with evidence-based practices including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Family Therapy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating as part of multi-disciplinary care teams, including ability to effect change and resolve recalcitrant problems.
- Extensive experience providing evidenced based treatment for children, adolescents, and families is required (e.g., Cognitive behavioral, parent management training, family therapy, and / or dialectical behavior psychotherapies).
- Experience providing assessments of patients presenting with a wide range of behavioral health complaints and concerns in child/adolescent outpatient clinic settings.
- Experience formulating diagnostic opinions and treatment plans utilizing the criteria of the DSM 5.
- Experience providing individual, family, and group psychotherapy services to a variety of patients in a child/adolescent outpatient clinic setting.
- Advanced graduate education and/or continuing education related to advanced behavioral health practice is desirable.
- Ability to provide a wide range of therapeutic interventions including behavior management, individual and group adolescent DBT, cognitive behavioral therapy, and family modalities of treatment.
- Experience providing time limited interventions.
- Expertise in Iowa abuse / neglect law.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload Cover Letter
(under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Professional references will be requested at a later time in the recruitment process.
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Social Work Specialist I
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Alexander Vongnhay
- Contact Email: email@example.com