Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
The Manager, Learning & Talent Development will be responsible for supporting Spencer's and Spirit's learning and talent development strategy, manage its implementation and measure its impact. The Manager, Learning & Talent Development will also be responsible for aiding in the design, development and the execution of the organization's Learning and Talent Development curriculum as well as reporting of training needs and results.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Apply instructional design and adult learning theory to aide in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of learning and talent programs which may include instructor led, virtual instructor led, eLearning and blended learning programs.
- Facilitate organizational learning and development programs and workshops to employees and managers.
- Partner with human resources teams and business leaders to implement talent management strategies. This may include on-boarding, development planning, career pathing, and succession planning.
- Carefully monitor, analyze, and report talent development data and statistics with a focus on improving employee abilities and strengthening the skill set of a company's existing workforce.
- Collect feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation. Coordinate and present quarterly Talent Dashboard.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition, HR and business units to ensure that all new-hires receive training materials and have the appropriate comprehensive on-boarding plan in place upon their arrival.
- Maintain employee training records, training assignments/curricula and courses in the LMS and generates training exceptions reports. Update LMS with appropriate content, links, videos, etc. Maintain accuracy of the employee demographic and course curricula data.
- Map out and assign development plans and learning paths. Update and keep current company Training Calendar. Design and prepare educational aids, materials, and quick reference guides.
- Measurable difference in turnover metrics and positive employee feedback on the on-boarding and in-boarding process, and development planning.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring training within time and budget allocated.
- Positive participant satisfaction surveys (Level 1) and feedback on classroom facilitation.
- Analyze the effectiveness of training solutions to confirm that desired training outcomes / performance enhancements were achieved.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field required.
- 3-5 years of corporate learning and development, HR/OD experience preferred.
- Background in instructional design/curriculum development and knowledge of adult learning methods.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills, strong technical documentation skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions; detail-oriented and proactive.
- Impeccable communication skills both verbal and written.