The primary responsibility as Asst. Chief Engineer is to assist the Director of Engineering in maintaining on-air facilities and assisting in off-air emergencies. Responsibilities include installation, maintenance and repair of equipment, broadcast systems and technologies in all technical areas of a modern television station. Build out projects as assigned, and work as part of a team with minimal supervision. Oversees staff that maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance. Supervisory skills to efficiently schedule and manage engineering maintenance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
What we look for
- Must be capable of managing the engineering maintenance staff.
• High power RF systems (directional AM, FM, HD, STL.)
• Studio Systems (radio automation, consoles, production, and remotes.)
• Power and electrical support systems (generators, UPS, etc.)
• Monitoring and remote-control systems.
• Digital content delivery systems (streaming audio, datacasting.)
• Business continuity planning, understanding and implementation.
• FCC rules and knowledge of compliance and weekly log review process.
• IT/Networking, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance is also required.
- Associates or technical degree in related field or equivalent level of experience
- Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years of broadcast television engineering experience.
- Must be capable of managing engineering maintenance staff
• Must have experience in the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of transmitters, and associated RF equipment.
• Quick response to technical issues with a customer service and solutions-based approach is required. After hours and weekend work required as needed.
• SBE certifications a plus
- Strong communication skills and excellent documentation skills are required.
• Experience with the budgeting process a plus.