AVP, Insurance Underwriting Regional Manager
Everest Insurance Company
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance organization with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management.
At Everest, we believe that our future is determined by the actions we take today. Actions that go beyond business strategy and encompass the values important to our employees and the communities in which we operate. Everest's value commitments include: providing an inclusive work environment that offers employees the opportunity to further their development, supporting our communities through the donation of time and financial resources, maintaining our integrity across all aspects of the group, and being an industry innovator to solve global complex risks.
About the Role:
The Private/Not For Profit Management Liability Group of Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. seeking a Manager to join our growing team in the South Region.
- Grow a profitable, diversified book of Private/Non-For-Profit business, both primary and excess
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business within delegated authority levels.
- Manage broker relationships associated with the surrounding geographic region
- Collaborate with other related financial lines segments along with regional colleagues and internal/external business associates.
- Analyze new business for risk profitability as determined by a review of underwriting, claims and financial data.
- Underwrite renewal business according to current underwriting approach and philosophy in a service oriented environment, ensuring high renewal retention.
- Collaborate with underwriting, claims, operations, marketing, and home office to achieve collective team goals.
- Assess and communicate to the Everest Underwriting Team and Senior Management competitive factors in the marketplace as they relate to Everest's corporate underwriting portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Underwriting experience in financial Lines business products of 8+ years or more
- Strong leadership, management and training skills
- Proficient in developing business/sales plans for a geographic region
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in financial analysis
- Proficient in negotiating, sales, and communication
- Strong technical expertise in understanding insurance contracts
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Occasional travel, including overnight or extended trips, is required
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite of application (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
As an effective team member, employees at Everest Insurance must champion the Everest Insurance Culture:
• Collaboration: Open and transparent communication with customers and colleagues
• Thoughtful Assumption of Risk: Supporting the Everest goal of carefully writing profitable business by ensuring data quality, prompt and accurate feedback to Underwriters, and operational control throughout the enterprise.
• Execution: Delivering outstanding support to the organization through strong day-to-day business operations, effective project management, and careful oversight of vendors.
• Humility: Caring and respectful approach to service colleagues, customers, and the community.
• Leadership: By example, every day.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-908-604-3000.
This job has expired.