AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration through scientific research. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca has an opportunity for an Automation Engineer/Senior Automation Engineer in the Physicochemical Development Group within the Analytical Sciences Department in Gaithersburg, MD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for high throughput and automation activities, including but not limited to set up automated analytical assays. The candidate must have automation experience, great organizational skills, related lab/instrument experience, excellent oral communication skills, good time management and outstanding multi-tasking abilities, and a fast-paced matrix working environment.
Education and years of experience:
Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D.'s degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineer or a related field
Engineer: BS with 5+ years or MS with 3+ years of relevant experience
Senior Engineer: BS with 9+ years, MS with 7+ years or PhD with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Capabilities to automate analytical processes using Tecan, Hamilton or other platforms
- Extensive hands on experience with Spectrometry, Chromatography, Electrophoresis, and HT liquid handling system operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Great ability to research and identify the latest technologies which fits our purpose
- Great ability to coordinate with internal and external groups to identify appropriate solutions to improve analytical testing capacity and efficiency
- Ability to make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results; demonstrate scientific rigor in assessing own data and that of others
- Capabilities to effectively present study results and/or findings at internal/external meetings and summarize the results in development/technical reports.
- Great organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills
- Great ability to collaborate with co-workers across functional groups
- Experience with laboratory automation (TECAN, Hamilton, etc.)
- Experience and skills in creating, modifying and troubleshooting robotics/automation scripts
- Experience with establishing impactful collaborations internally and/or externally in developing high throughput methods and automation solutions
- Experience in programming in visual basic, Python, and R programming language
- Familiarity with various bio analytical methods
- Initiative, independence and the ability to execute lab work under minimal supervision
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en