Job ID: 427180
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat's engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat's suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.
TheAutomation Controls Engineer will primarily be responsible for the development, and implementation of automation systems across our 4-5 facilities to improve safety, quality, productivity, and cost on existing manufacturing processes. The position can be based in any one of our five plants locatated in Iowa, California, Pennsylvania, Oregon and Texas but will travel to other sites as needed. This position reporting into the Digital Transformation Leader will primarily be responsible for the design, build, and implementation of the electrical and I&C (instrumentation & control) systems for automation projects. A successful candidate will be able to design a system architecture, program the robotics, physically wire the 24v systems, and develop the PLC control programs.
- Physical build and installation of automation equipment, including wiring of the cell DC systems, integration of peripheral equipment, and programing of robotics
- Ground up development, design, programming and debug of PLC's, HMI's, & Robotics
- Multi-Site responsibility including travel with physical onsite implementations, as well as remote project management with internal and external teams
- Responsible for the integration of new automation equipment in a manufacturing environment, and support of existing automation systems
- Responsible for the development and implementation of peripheral equipment such as vision and laser inspection systems
- Responsible for the development and training of personnel in robotic programming, wiring of machines, and peripheral equipment
- Oversight and project management of multiple automation projects across multiple sites at any given time, and responsible for the communication of project status to team members and executive management
- Develop and maintain clear, accurate documentation of automation equipment/process
- Develop network of vendors and solution providers to partner with in projects as well as educating the team in up-and-coming technologies and applications
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field required
- Ability to travel from 25-50%
- Ability to develop ground up PLC programs in multiple brands required (Allen Bradley, and Automation Direct preferred)
- Ability to implement six-axis robotic programs in multiple brands required (Fanuc & Universal Robots preferred)
- Experience with Automation Project Management required
- Software programming (C#, Java, Python) experience is a plus
- Experience with HMIs, SCADA & remote monitoring systems is a plus
- Ability to problem solve, and think outside of the box to find effective solutions
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings & procedural documentation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in fast-paced manufacturing environments
- Experience solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Leviat, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Portland Oregon Job Segment:
Construction, Controls Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology
This job has expired.