Associate Scientist I (Downstream) - Frederick, MD
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
Our Frederick facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to building a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion and improving employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a 'Top 50' Business in Frederick, and Frederick County's 'Best Place to Work' distinction in 2015 and 2019.
The Associate Scientist I play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Position is a hands-on, laboratory-based, role and/or troubleshoot process and equipment issues arising on the manufacturing floor at Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC). In addition lab work may be required to support tech transfer deliverables.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for conducting or participating in technically fast paced projects within your specific area or field, including the following:
Essential for the role:
- Conducts or participates in technically demanding projects within a specific area or field.
- Projects are assigned by supervisor who is a higher-level scientist or manager.
- Design and execute relevant scale-down laboratory experiments in support of manufacturing operations.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Support scale-up and technology transfer of manufacturing processes to commercial facility process performance monitoring; implementation of process improvement strategies; and development of process models.
- Prepares precise technical reports summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Presents findings at internal meetings.
- Assesses new technology in support of future manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Science or Engineering. Master's Degree preferred.
- At least four (4) years of experience in Scientific / Biotech / Pharmaceutical field with a BS. At least two (2) years of experience with a MS.
- Laboratory experience dealing with process development and/or scale-up/scale-down is required.
- Experience authoring and executing experimental protocols is required.
- Experience with lab-scale normal flow filtration (NFF), tangential flow filtration (TFF), and chromatography is required including use of Pendotech & AKTA systems
- Downstream Technology Transfer experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) activities and responsibilities with respect to Technology Transfers.
- Knowledge of GMP manufacturing principles and documentation.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to solve problems and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
This job has expired.