A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Associate Scientist II (ASII) will perform a wide variety of safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The ASII is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation is in compliance with procedures and regulations. Perform analysis of testing performed within the Product Characterization Laboratory. Will assist in developing/validation and performance of GMP methods.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision within constraints of lab scheduling
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non routine and new services
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations and documents results
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of quality of work
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs
- Participate in assay development/assay transfer and/or assay validation activities
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Informs supervisor of deviations and responsible for resolving deviations/completing event records
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing
- Responsible for creating revising SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as required
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Assists with training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Biologics; act as champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and/or client service
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 2+ years working laboratory experience - OR -
- Associate degree in scientific discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 4+ years working laboratory experience
- Relevant working knowledge and experience with development and/or performance of assays with some or all the following technical disciplines;
- Flow Cytometry
- Host Cell Protein ELISA
- Cell based assay experience
- Some experience developing, validating and/or performing assays in GMP environment
- Usage of some of the following software/equipment:
- SoftMax Pro
- BD Facs Diva
- Cytiva/GE Biacore (T200/8K system)
- Automated cell counter
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214870
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(< 1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.