A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Associate Quality Scientist will perform Quality Control activities in support of GMP products, including routine testing and peer review of raw materials, intermediate and final products, and stability samples.
- Ensure quality through adherence to GMP requirements.
- Perform routine assays in accordance to applicable GMP requirements, processes and/or unit operations. Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and GDP requirements.
- Interface across multiple departments.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis.
- Review of final assays and procedures.
- Interface with external customers.
- Document and review lab investigations through Trackwise Reports, Out-Of-Specification, Out-of-Trend procedures.
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles in compliance with change control procedures.
- Identify and participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor, Manager or Sr. Scientist.
- Take the immediate necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related life science discipline
- 1+ year of experience in a GMP pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, or other life science industry
- General laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of aseptic operations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 215346
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(< 1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.