At EAB , our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other-that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards .
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Production Support Engineer
Role is based in Richmond, VA
- Provide Tier-3 support in triaging production issues related to loads, proprietary tools and UI.
- Respond to system generated alerts/escalations relating to any failures on application platform and perform root cause analysis to identify and implement corrective and preventive measures
- Track deadlines, record status in tickets and keep all stakeholders informed of data refresh progress and risks
- Analyze member data stored under Hadoop file system and extract data from multiple locations using Apache Hive SQL's
- Implement and maintain Postgres and Oracle database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers etc.
- Work with onshore/offshore support teams to analyze, develop and improve the ETL nightly schedules as well as produce accurate defect free code for multiple projects.
- Responsible for the daily operational support and incident management of Single Sign-On (SSO) services.
- Work with Member Support Team (Tier-1) in identifying and providing root cause analysis for issues related to Exchange integration.
- Re-design/modify existing Informatica/SQL/UNIX code to resolve data issues.
- Identify bottlenecks and risks in meeting deadlines and follow up on action items required to mitigate it
- Responsible for identifying gaps in process, documentation and procedures for data refresh and contribute to efforts necessary for smooth functioning of production operations
- Be available on call (on rotation) in a support role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technology related field
- 2+ years of experience working with ticketing systems like JIRA, Salesforce or others
- 2+ years of SQL or other query language experience
- 2+ years of experience working with globally distributed teams
- 2+ years of experience working with any one of the Object-Oriented Programming Languages.
- Experience or familiarity with Hadoop and Big Data concepts
- Experience with any of the BI reporting tools and atleast one of the ETL tools, preferably Informatica
- Experience working with log analysis tools (Log entries/Compose)
- Strong communication skills at all levels of stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Flexible with time to provide after-hours support to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to be on call (on a rotational basis)
- Strong organization skills, very detail oriented, with careful attention to work processes
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a team
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to learn new skills
- High performing, motivated and goal-driven
- Analytical, curious and problem solver
- Professional experience providing application support in a data warehouse environment
- Experience or familiarity with Project management tools like Clarizen, Microsoft Project or others
- Experience or familiarity with Unix/Linux command line or executing bash scripts
- Experience with JAVA/Ruby coding
- Experience working with varies Single Sign-On Protocols (CAS, LDAP and Azure)
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange.
- Proven record of accomplishment in solution focused problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in an in a rapidly changing environment where documentation for job execution are not yet fully fleshed out
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holiday
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to "make education smarter and our communities stronger" we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
This job has expired.