Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position can also be remote.
The role of Associate Manager Consumer Insights is to spearhead the development of consumer insights and recommendations to guide innovation or brand strategy and deliver growth targets for the Hershey Company. The role will lead insights development for 1-2 brands and lead innovation concept testing across several brands.
The position will interact with business partners across the organization and will work closely with:
* Internal: Consumer Insight counterparts
* Internal: Brand Marketing group, Marketing Innovation group, R&D
* External: Marketing research agencies
In summary, the role will involve:
* Acting as a strategic partner/consultant to key business constituents from Marketing and other cross-functional teams, providing consumer insight-driven recommendations for business decisions
* Guiding insights needs and setting priorities for areas of focus to inform the budget planning process
* Managing/supervising the design, execution, analysis, and implication/recomendation communication of insight and analytics projects/initiatives to drive to business decisions
* Managing relationships with external research agencies and leveraging external insights resources, capabilities, and expertise in order to best serve business requirements
* Being an active member of the Consumer Insights team and contributing to team development and implementation of best insight practices
Summary of major duties:
Insights Development Leadership and Management
Lead the development of insight generation plans, gate-keep the insight generation process, and drive for execution excellence to deliver fact-based and objective business recommendations to marketing teams and other cross-functional counterparts.
* Partner with cross-functional internal business partners to define business issues, research objectives, and indicated actions.
* Lead the development of effective and efficient research plans at the right level of resource investment. Responsible for identifying research methodologies, research designs, analysis plans, and final research deliverables - including data, report, findings, and business recommendations.
* Direct external suppliers and manage research projects through the process - identify, select, negotiate, and manage research suppliers to drive project execution excellence. Monitor project progress to ensure timely delivery, quality output, and within budget.
* Present key findings, business implications, and indicated actions to business and management team with recommendations on best utilizing the information in decision-making.
* Ensure key project learnings are shared will all relevant parties throughout the org.
* Monitor the insights budget against the plan.
Insight Capability, Process and System
Contribute to the Consumer Insight organization on acquiring new capabilities and/or continuous improvement.
* Introduce innovative and/or up-to-date insights generation techniques and methodologies to the organization to provide broader solutions for business needs.
* Drive implementation of best practices, and train broader Consumer Insights group on best practices.
* Cultivate and support top-class performance of self and team.
* Attend trainings, conferences, etc. to expand functional mastery
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsiblities:
4+ years relevant marketing research/insights experience. Ideally at least two years in a progressive CPG company; we would consider high potential candidates from research agencies or consulting
* Ability to develop and voice strong POV and "push back" when appropriate
* Ability to interprete and integrate insight from multiple data sources to deliver deeper and more insightful analyses
* Ability to problem-solve/deal with ambiguity
* Strong strategic thinking and storytelling skills
* Strong business and marketing acumen
* Strong ability to work with others and ability to deal with conflict
* Ability to turn insights in to clear recommendations that are actionable and meet the needs of the business
* Experience with qualitative and quantitative research approaches
* Expereince with DIY survey programming and analysis tools (e.g., Qualtrics, SightX, Quantilope)
* Strong project planning and project management skills
* Effective communication abilities - both written & verbal
* Excellent at MS office tools, e.g. Excel, PPT
* Ability to speak more than one language (bilingual) is a plus, but not required
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree from accredited university
Experience: 4+ years relevant marketing research/insights experience
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans