Meta seeks a highly motivated and experienced leader to serve as Associate General Counsel to support Instagram product teams focused on growth products and initiatives. This individual will be part of the Product Legal team in Instagram, and own primary responsibility for ensuring that product teams are able to ship their products and features with sustainable legal risk in a highly regulated environment. This individual will also support a number of significant cross-company initiatives, including Instagram's compliance with new laws and regulations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team at Instagram, and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Associate General Counsel, Product Responsibilities:
- Drive high-impact projects working cross-functionally with stakeholders across Meta in Legal, Privacy, Product, and other business teams
- Advise on and develop the legal strategy for Instagram growth, privacy, policies, and compliance initiatives
- Maintain subject matter expertise in youth privacy laws and regulations
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and active membership in at least one US state bar
- 8+ years of practicing attorney experience, including at a law firm or in-house experience (applicable product counseling, privacy counseling, regulatory, litigation, and compliance experience)
- Experience counseling and advising clients on risk mitigation strategies across technology product platforms, specifically growth products teams in highly regulated industries
- Experience collaborating at all levels of the business across functions, including executive and C-suite
- Experience in managing legal risk across multiple jurisdictions, including global youth privacy laws and regulations, litigation, and compliance matters
- Experience in privacy program management and in developing privacy frameworks for product teams
- Experience in advancing complex initiatives in a highly-charged multi-stakeholder environment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.