Do you have expertise in, and passion for Biometrics & Information Sciences? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of those suffering from Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
The Associate Director Statistical Programming is accountable for leading, managing and developing a team of programmers. They present a delivery/department mindset and management skills to run and oversee one moderate scope and complexity drug project or multiple smaller ones. As a recognized expert within their own field they are often the first point of contact for related queries, acts as a coach or mentor for staff, and acts as a specialist within cross-functional teams to deliver continuous improvement.
What You'll Do
Essential for the Role
- Lead, manage and develop a group of programmers, providing guidance and mentorship. Manages training and timesheet compliance.
- Define, monitor and assess objectives for team.
- Maintain talent and ensures talent development.
- Maintain own and team knowledge of the latest industry and regulatory requirements to stay current in the programming practices.
- Lead Implementation of statistical programming aspects of the of the protocol or clinical development program.
- Acts as technical subject matter expert for aspect(s) of the TA, Project, or function.
- Manage activities of our external partners (i.e. Contract Research Organisations).
- Maintain overall accountability for the quality and compliance to internal, external and regulatory requirements for the delivery of programming aspects in clinical development; holds partners and providers accountable for the quality of their deliverables.
- Measure the compliance of and ensures that there is a consistent approach to data standards and automation and its implementation.
- Collaborate/influence cross-functionally and represents Programming leadership where required.
Desirable for the Role
- BSc in Mathematical (i.e., Applied Math, Engineering, etc.), Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science.
- Extensive SAS programming expertise to an advanced level
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to the role.
- Knowledge of CDSIC standards and industry best practices
- Extensive experience in clinical drug development or healthcare
- Experience in Regulatory submissions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and influence stakeholders.
- Travel - willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Ability to apply programming knowledge and skills to problems, problem solving, and quality focus.
- Contributes to defining business processes and accurately completes and manages associated documentation.
- Team commitment: prioritise attendance at appropriate project team meetings; take steps to understand and appreciate the roles, skills and strengths of others on the team.
- Diligence - attention to detail and ability to manage concurrent projects and activities within those projects.
- Other programming languages e.g. S-PLUS, R, XML etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Open CDISC Validator
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcareSo, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours!Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.