Job Posting Title
Associate Brand ManagerPosition Summary
The Associate Brand Manager (ABM) position is responsible for partnering with Brand Manager in marketing strategy planning, development and implementation, portfolio and P&L management, communications, and commercialization for brands. The ABM plays a critical cross-functional role working with Sales, Operations, Finance, and outside agency partners in order to optimize sales, profitability and competitive position.
Portfolio and P&L Management
- Assist in development and execution of annual and multi-year brand strategic plans.
- Conduct insight gathering and consumer trend analyses using syndicated data, primary research and secondary data to support marketing plan development.
- Support brand team in management of consumer and customer marketing programs that drive consumer engagement and profitable growth with key retailers.
- Partner with Sales Strategy and Category Management teams to ensure Sales efforts are aligned with overall brand strategy, including creation of selling stories and communication / release of sales-related materials to field team.
- Manage portfolio through assortment optimization, demand forecasting, inventory management, business case assessment and monthly performance reporting.
- Contribute to brand P&L management through item-level commercialization and rationalization, budget management, cost savings initiative leadership, and obsolescence management.
- Support brand team in development of communications strategy and execution; play a key role in agency management and relations.
- Execute communications plan tactics to deliver on-budget, growth-driving tactics in packaging, promotions, advertising, digital and social engagement.
Team Leadership & Development
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize growth opportunities in partnership with R&D / Consumer Insights.
- Support brand team in 3-year pipeline ideation, concept development, testing, technical assessments, financial assessments and project management.
- Execute innovation and renovation project tactics to deliver key milestones from scope development through commercialization.
- Support the cross-functional leadership role of Marketing in order to build a high performance cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrate solid business acumen in project management, financials, forecasting, building a business case, customer relations and presentation skills.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and to leverage peer influence to drive projects to on-time completion
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong creative & problem solving ability
- Ability to learn quickly, with agility
- Comfort working independently & with ambiguity
- Desire to operate in fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Bias for action & passion for delivering results
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA preferred (in general management or marketing) or equivalent relevant experience
- 3 years of consumer marketing, brand management or product management experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with IRI or Nielsen a plus
- Proficiency with SAP a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.