Job Title/Grade: Associate Analyst/Analyst, New Business, DAI Sustainable Business Group (Grades 5 or 6)
Department: Sustainable Business Group (SBG)
Reports to: New Business Manager, SBG
Date: January 7, 2022
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time, professional position that will contribute to the DAI Sustainable Business Group (DAI/SBG). This position will be based in Bethesda or the UK, with an opportunity for overseas travel. The Associate Analyst/Analyst, New Business is primarily tasked with entry-level business development work and initiatives, such as market intelligence research, support to specific proposals, as well as providing support to ongoing business development-focused knowledge management initiatives.
DAI/SBG is a specialized unit that leads DAI's engagements with clients in the private sector. Our team advises companies on how to optimize their local supply base and labor force, demonstrate their long-term commitment to the country's development, and become a trusted partner for government through initiatives in local content and corporate social investment. Technical focus areas include economic and policy analysis, supplier development, entrepreneurship, innovation, youth empowerment, education, and responsible business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The percentages below are illustrative and may evolve and/or change depending on the company's needs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
New Business (75%)
- Conduct desktop research and provide written and data analytical inputs for proposals
- Draft proposal sections, either with others or independently
- Review, edit and format proposal text
- Create tables, charts and graphics for Word or PPT proposals and concept notes
- Support client managers/directors with external communication and content sharing as needed
- Support or develop proposal budgets under guidance from New Business Manager or technical teams
- Additional duties as deemed necessary
Knowledge Management & Market Intelligence (25%)
- Support ongoing maintenance of DAI's client relationship management platform (CRM) under the direction of the New Business Manager
- Support the New Business Manager to extract and analyze SBG's new business data and results
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of knowledge management products in SBG's proposal library
- Proactively contribute to the improvement of SBG's BD processes and tools
- Support the management of SBG's business development resources by ensuring information is updated, relevant, and easily accessible
- Use DAI resources to conduct regular market intelligence research on clients, industries and technical areas, and generate synthesized reports for business development efforts
- Support cross-company knowledge management initiatives for business development
- Other duties as needed
- Grade 5 : 2 years of professional work experience and a Bachelor's degree OR a Master's degree
- Grade 6 : 3 years of professional work experience and a Bachelor's degree OR a Master's degree and 1 year of professional work experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and team-focused work environment
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe (up to 10%)
Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Experience with business development and/or proposal coordination
- Proficient in qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Advanced working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Language fluency/business proficient communication including in Arabic, Spanish, French, and Portuguese
Key competencies and behavioral attributes:
- Problem solving
- Decision making quality
- Time management
- Learning agility and adaptability
- Relationship management
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI requires COVID 19 vaccinations subject to accommodation required by law.
Are you a returning applicant?