This position provides comprehensive support working towards continual improvement of day-to-day operations with a keen focus on meeting deadlines as well as supporting the financial closing and reporting responsibilities.
The successful candidate must have a strong knowledge of accounting principles, strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and the ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with others.
- Processing of Purchase to Pay (P2P) transactions and/or payment processing.
- Assist in the research and resolution of the questions and issues that can arise in the P2P process and other duties as needed.
- Daily cash applications of customer cash receipts.
- Collections; follow-up on aged accounts.
- Assist with monthly close process.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Amortize prepays.
- Perform tasks related to one or more of the following areas: management and retention of documents. Compile data for 1099 filing. Assist with Ad hoc management reports projects as they arise.
The position will have the potential to interact with Tyson Team Members across the organization and with various members of a Tyson vendor's and customers.REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; or experience commensurate with knowledge typically acquired through a four year degree is required.
Experience: 6 plus months work experience preferred, but not required.
Computer Skills: Requires standard computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint. SAP experience will be a plus.
Communication Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
Special Skills: Self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment; using good judgment to complete tasks; ability to set priorities and coordinate with others.
Travel: 1 plus trips per year.* RESUME REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION*Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.