We are looking for someone who likes exploring new ideas and wants to jump start their career in Operations Management.
The Assistant Operations Manager will assist the State Operations Manager in overseeing the full operations of the business and be responsible for learning all functional areas necessary to operate and manage the plant.
Hear from State Operations Manager and our Baltimore business unit about life at Daniels here: https://youtu.be/SByA2f0XHrk?si=5PLHsrU5PhkEhA6O
What will you do?
- Assist with various functions, including operations, management viewpoints, and company policies and practices affecting each phase of business.
- Assist with management of all functional areas includes safety, quality control, budget/cost controls, regulatory requirements, people management, transport and logistics, maintenance programs, customer satisfaction, facility management, equipment utilization, and performance.
- Understand and assist with improving the management of all the waste streams
- Assist with identifying and implementing process improvements throughout the business
- Analyze, create and develop data excel spreadsheets
- Learn OSHA and Safety regulations - assisting with executing plant safety goals and help strategic planning annually.
- Define requirements for site safety program, planning in accordance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Assist with planning of daily production needs/capacity planning
- Assist with streamlining operations through process flow mapping, time in motion studies, risk assessments, and other continuous improvement functions are updated and in line with current metrics
- Build relationships between operations and other departments
- Learn all aspects of staff management - hiring, performance management, staff development, rostering etc.
- Assist President on various other projects
- Complete all assigned tasks and assisting with day-to-day operations.
Who are we?
- A highly motivated, productive, professional and focused individual
- Bachelor's degree, major in operations management, science, engineering, supply chain management or related field is preferred
- Highly responsible and result-driven
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company.
- Position requires high proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Travel may be required
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
This job has expired.